Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help New to FT - General Questions
First off, I come from a competitive bodybuilding background, even though I am super young to the game. I am 25 years old and when I first started training it was 6-7 days in the gym pounding away at a "bro" split. Eventually, I hired a coach who led me to my first bodybuilding show this past October doing a John Meadow's Push / Pull / Leg workout variation.

My current training split is 2 on 1 off / 3 on 1 off (Total of 5 days a week) following a push/pull/legs protocol.

I was introduced to FT by my coach and other athletes I have met through mention, and I really would love to try out the system, my main concern being that I would have to drop a day in the gym (from 5 -> 4). While if the end result is me packing on muscle and bettering my physique, I do truly love to train and love the atmosphere of the gym. I have read through the forums, but most everything I have found has said to stray away from 5 days a week training for FT.

My two questions are:
1. Is it possible to effectively train the FT system 5 days a week?
2. If I split the body into two categories:
  • Chest, shoulders (front and side debts), triceps, quads, calves
  • Back, biceps, rear delts, hamstrings

and then attempted to apply FT training methods to this would it work for 5 days?

Day 1: Loading Sets for Chest, Front/Side Delts, and Triceps. Pump Sets for Quads and Calves.
Day 2: Loading Sets for Back, Rear Delts, and Biceps. Pump Sets for Hamstrings.
Day 3 : Loading Sets for Lower / Pump Upper
REST
Day 4: MR for Chest, Front/Side Delts, Triceps, Quads, and calves.
Day 5: MR for Back, Rear Delts , Biceps, and Hamstrings.
REST

Messages In This Thread
New to FT - General Questions - by jlecoq - 04-19-2020, 09:59 AM
RE: New to FT - General Questions - by jlecoq - 04-22-2020, 11:09 AM