Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading set order
After a year and a half of high volume "reps in reserve" style training I decided to take the plunge and start Fortitude Training. I've simply grown bored of doing countless sets of the same exercises, never getting to truly exert myself except maybe for the last week of each mesocycle. FT intrigued me because I've never tried combining high intensity with high frequency like this.

In any case, I wanted to clear up a couple of things I was a bit confused about.

1) Loading sets on legs - If I want to begin with one or both of the isolation sets (quad/ham) before the compound exercise, doesn't that mean that I'll be doing 2-3 sets of the compound back to back in Tier 2 and 3? I.e. for example:

Ham -> Quad -> Thigh -> Thigh
or
Ham -> Thigh -> Quad -> Thigh -> Thigh

The reason I'd prefer to do it this way is because this way my knees will be better warmed up for the compound ex.

2) Can I use unilateral exercises for the isolation loading exercises (for example smith lunges for quads or one arm dumbbell rows for back) or is there a problem with it? The reason being some of the exercises I find the most effective for me are unilateral. I see no reason not to use them, other than it may screw with the rest times having to do both sides.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Loading set order - by desertrock - 09-29-2021, 01:18 AM
RE: Loading set order - by Scott Stevenson - 09-29-2021, 01:51 AM
RE: Loading set order - by desertrock - 09-29-2021, 05:48 AM