Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isokinetics, Excentrics and Hypertrophy
(11-12-2023, 10:39 AM)Stefan Wrote: that was in the excentric-overloaded mode, where you can set a concentric and excentric resistance.

There are 5 modes:

- normal

- normal-adaptive (a contious adaptive set)

- excentric-overloaded

- isokinetic

- explosive

Those are very cool machines!!!

(11-12-2023, 10:39 AM)Stefan Wrote:

i trained only excentric-overloaded and isokinetic because of real heavy excentric in both settings

OK, but below you also say: " Egym and cycled between excentric overloaded and isometric."  (See also your first post.)

In theory, the isokinetic has so many good things for hypertrophy, but this lagging deceleration and acceleration of a moving mass with inertia in the stretched position seems huge.

Please clarify if you would.  Do you mean here that in terms of DOMS, having to control the transition from eccentric to concentric is what you think is causing DOMS, mostly, during the regular training?...

[
Stefan dateline=[/font' Wrote: [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]'1699749567']

When i went from normal lifting to the heavy isokinetics/excentric-overloaded it felt so easy, no doms, tendons and joins felt great. Going back, from all out forces and absurd heavy excentrics on Egym to normal lifting: incredible doms. what?

That does seem odd, but part of why DOMS occurs is theorized to be d/t relative novelty of activation pattern.  

Are you comparing machine work with the E-gym to "normal liften"  machine work?... 

If you de-learned stabilizing during free weights and went from E-gym to free weights, then the activation pattern (after no free weights for a few months) could explain the above.

Are there ambitious Lifters who have done that over months and years? Are there any positive long term results in doing this? The studys about isokinetics are not helping at all. That isokinetics results in strength adaptation yes, but are they worth the opportunity costs? (you could be lifting "normal" instead)

I think you answered this in that you're getting better gains with the E-gym.

DOMS is indicative of the insult but if it's excessive - beyond your recovery ability - then your gains will not be as good as with a regimen where the insult / stimulus / DOMS is better matched to what you can recover from.

Anyway, thank you very much for your time =)
And thank you for Fortitude Training, read and trained in 2021, in the end it helped me to reduce weekly volume, thats a big thing.

You're welcome!!!

As far as carry over from the E-gym to normal training, I'm not surprised as specificity of training rules the roost here.   Also I'd not try to compare loads with the E-gym and the "equivalent" normal (free weight / "isotonic") training. 

-S

-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isokinetics, Excentrics and Hypertrophy - by Scott Stevenson - 11-12-2023, 12:02 PM