Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Fortitude Training Design and Questions?
Hey everyone,

I've been a huge fan of DC and Fortitude Training, read the book multiple times, and used Fortitude for 8 months from 2021-2022.

To me, the logic behind high frequency and moderate/low volume just makes sense.

For the past year, I've been working with a coach that uses Rennaissance Periodization principles.  Quick idea of what that looks like:
PPL, 6x week
5 Week Phases w/ 1 Week Deload
Increase 1 set of each exercise each week (only on exercises that can handle additional work)
Reducing RIR each week until final weeks, everything is 0RIR, 3-4 sets per exercises per session.

I've grown the most using this style of programming, but I loved fortitude when I used it.

So, Scott, I was wondering if you could help me understand, why I saw more growth RP style programming, and how can I take what I learned from this style of programming, and integrate it into fortitude?
Perhaps I misunderstood FT and how to work through the Tiers Effectively?

My last question is; 
I wasn't a fan of the supersets on Day 1. Again, maybe I misunderstood the book, but is there a way to break up the workload so I don't have to superset?

Looking forward to your answers!

Messages In This Thread
Fortitude Training Design and Questions? - by coachbabybear - 12-02-2023, 10:45 AM