Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(06-22-2024, 08:46 PM)ChristianStrandh Wrote: Hi!

Introduction 
44 year old Swede, married with children, 11 year old son with adhd, and a 6 year old daughter with autism, language impairment and other issues putting high demands on me as parent. 
Works as IT business analyst in finance industry, can work a lot from my home (80%) remaining 20% at office.
For now I only train in my home gym built during Covid era where I have access to barbell, z-curl bar, power rack,Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells and kettlebell, pulley system with high attachment, a TG1000 received for free from a relative, a landmine solution and bands.
Training history:
Did not train much until my military service and after that I periodically trained martial arts, running and unsystematic gym training. All my adult life I have had a high baseline physic activity (well over 10000 steps per day on average). Started serious gym training at 38 by doing starting strength and then moving on to west side/conjugate training with a strength focus, and now since February 2023 I have changed my priorities and interests and are now going to get the best physique I can get. 

With bodybuilding goals I have followed an upper/lower split, then a ppl. Being inspired by TrainedByJP. Was curious on doing full body, and got hold of Fortitude Training which to me seems
to be a great approach. I have done one basic cycle and is now on first week of a turbo cycle. 

Supplements:
Natty, will remain so.
Used creatine monohydrate and protein powders for many years, also multi vitamin and fish oil
pre-bed , Curcumin, Ashwaganda and magnesium. 
I use Pre-workouts (pump plus a caffeine pill if training before noon) and a peri workout.

Current shape: around 12-13 % bodyfat, 87 kg and 181 cm. Been in a long slow cut from October 2023 to early June. Dropped 13 kg and around 10% body fat Now maintaining and possibly a mini cut until my birthday end of August and after that I will try a very small and slow surplus/gaining phase rest of year. Currently no competitive ambitions.

Welcome Christian!

FYI, FT will typically change (increase) your caloric requirements, so take that into consideration. (It may be that even though your current goal is to drop fat, you may need to slightly increase kcal so that you don't drop fat too quickly.)

Also, I'd not generally suggest someone start FT with the goal of dropping fat per se, as the program is strongly progressive overload oriented.  It might be worth your while to at least do one blast where you're eating enough to make progress (gym and on the scale) while learning he program, and then (see the FAQ at the end of the book) you could switch to fat loss mode, once you've got the hang of things (esp. the auto regulation component).  

Cheers!

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please... - by Scott Stevenson - 08-05-2024, 01:30 AM