Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leg training for FT Tier 1
I'd not do walking lunges as a pump, in part b/c of what you say but also that you want to be able to finish with partials, etc. and you'd likely end up falling on your butt if trying this for walking lunges.

So, first thing. I'd suggest going back and re-reading the sections on how to do Loading and Pump Sets and MR's.

Basic thoughts to address the above:

You pick THREE sets of Loading exercise for each muscle group / grouping (I'm considering thighs a muscle grouping). Do one set each week (days 1 and 2)

For MR's (and pump sets) the exercises are not set in stone. Do what you prefer, what' available, what feels right depending on ache's pains, your particular physique weaknesses, etc. You could use upper chest exercises for all your Chest pump exercises if you wanted to, if you're upper chest is weak.

-----------------

Finish the Loading sets, Pump sets or MR's for a given muscle group or grouping and THEN do your stretches. IF you want to stretch the hams before you've finished MR's (or Pump sets) for thighs, e.g. if you last set is for quad only, then that's fine.

You're thinking about it enough to recognize that the idea is to stretch the muscle when its pumped up. That's good and fine by me. In a situation when you're really trying to do everything you can to bring a muscle up, making sure to hit that stretch ASAP (e.g., for Hams, even if you've got another set left for quads) is fine.

(* I would not try this with anything else, e.g., thinking you can do stretch upper pecs between sets when the last one is for the lower pecs. The stretch is put at the end in part b/c we don't want to cause fatigue that reduces loading during the lifting, as well as dampen any reflexivity that helps guard against injury.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Leg training for FT Tier 1 - by tmcg86 - 11-01-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Leg training for FT Tier 1 - by Scott Stevenson - 11-02-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: Leg training for FT Tier 1 - by tmcg86 - 11-02-2014, 09:53 AM
RE: Leg training for FT Tier 1 - by tmcg86 - 11-02-2014, 09:51 PM