Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes science bursts its own bubble...
(02-15-2015, 05:48 AM)Altamir Wrote: So the biggest difference overall is when she started weight training she had a much higher work capacity than I did. Which isn't really surprising, but she was also extremely explosive with her lifts. Where I am horrid. I lift VERY slowly and really really really have to think about being explosive and strong. I have to bring a lot of intensity to my training other wise it goes very poorly.

She did butterfly as her main stroke, so actually her chest got hit a LOT! But like you she took very quickly to back and chest training. We got her doing chin-ups with out much real work. But within the first few months of serious training her back and chest were far out paced her other body parts and her endurance for her back is crazy. She can do a lot of volume. Starting out she had a lot of trouble with leg training and arm training. Leg training was hard I think mostly because her ankle flexibility and mobility were so poor due to her swimming with her toes pointed all the time.

Very interesting.

Sounds like she was at least a collegiate swimmer or beyond?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes science bursts its own bubble... - by Scott Stevenson - 02-15-2015, 09:14 AM