Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(02-18-2015, 06:34 AM)Briscoe26 Wrote: Hey All. I've just purchased the book on the recommendation of one of Scott's good friends, Jordan Peters. Jordan's knowledge and help over the past 18 months has been invaluable to me, couple that with Scott's FT and you've got one mother of a knowledge bomb Big Grin I've just finished the book but I will need to re-read to understand all of the science and the big words lol but very much looking forward to my first blast. Little bit unsure on exercise selection regarding the loading sets, like which exercises work well together whilst zig-zagging. I'm sure I'll play around it and see how I respond. Thanks for the recommendation Jp, and thanks to Dr. SS for the quality e-book.
Many thanks
Simon Briscoe

Hey Simon!

Welcome. (I've upgraded you to full subscription, BTW.)

You should be able to dig around to see how some folks are choosing exercises. If you go to the very end of the book, there is a hyper index, where you'll have clickable links to the sections about how to do the Loading Sets, MR's, etc. There's a little passage about how to choose exercises for each Set Type that ought to set you on the right path. Smile

As far as the isolation exercises for zig zagging, some of that will depend upon your gym, e.g., how busy it is, machine location, the machines themselves, etc. and whether you're training with a partner (who could hold down a machine, e.g., a ham curl for you).

I like to to do things for isolation exercises like us DB's that you can bring over to a pressing station or do chins in the same rack you're using for BO rows or a dead lift variation. DB ham curls can almost always be done (you just need one DB and some floor space to do them on the floor), for instance.

The thing that gets passed over with Loading sets sometimes is that you can use the isolation exercise to pre-fatigue, so you might do ham curls first to focus on them during a leg press, for instance.

(There's a large FT Questions thread you should be able to see now that answers a lot of these sorts of inquiries.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please... - by Scott Stevenson - 02-19-2015, 01:27 AM