Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what weights for next blast?
Hey Scott, thanks for the reply.

Not exaggerating about the pulls, I heard and felt a twang/pop under my glute doing sldl towards the end of my loading set. And a strain feeling in my bicep/pec doing pulldowns.
Both injuries were minor since they feel ok doing muscle round workout today.

I cruised how its laid out in the book. I'm used to cruising with time off from the years of dc training. I actually felt very eager to train when I had time off so I was mentally ready to blast again.
I did mon/wed/fri m.r. Days week one and week 2 I just trained Monday all at tier 1.
Strength stayed good, I dropped 4lbs on the rest days on week 2 actually.

When I started the new blast, I kept all same excercises since I did not fail any rep ranges...infact they were all no lower than 9 for loading sets.

I started all the weights at new weights I hadn't done yet and it all just felt very heavy, reps came as low as 7. But not a nice 7...an absolute grinding 7 reps dude.

Should I of started back at the weights I did at the end of the last blast bro and tried to better the reps or did I do the right thing?

Matt
(04-24-2015, 01:31 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Matt,

First things first, I'd take care of the muscle pulls. Unless you're exaggerating or I'm not following what you mean by a pulled muscle then I'd address that first.

Did the weights just feel heavy or did your reps go down as well?

How did your weight change over the Cruise? What did you do dietarily? When was the last time you took that many days off training? Did you feel mentally refreshed and ready / wanting to train when you came back to the gym?

What did you do for the intermittent cruise in terms of Tier and workouts?... (Have you looked at the different examples in the book as to how one might do an IC?)

-S

Messages In This Thread
what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-23-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-24-2015, 02:14 AM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-24-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by Altamir - 04-25-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-24-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-25-2015, 02:56 AM