Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what weights for next blast?
(04-24-2015, 07:42 PM)bicep_grind Wrote: I increased the weight on most things by 5kg...i was easily doing this during the blast...especially with the muscle rounds.

Perhaps it was way too much of a jump after a cruise.
I think I should of started back at the weights I left off with but hit higher reps. I guess that's still progression bro.

I kind of favour higher reps nowadays anyway...it keeps the injuries away lol.

I'm not dieting as such but I'm trying to drop a fee more pounds before I start prepping.
I have like 6 weeks left so it a perfect amount to time to fit a blast in.

Matt

Just thought adding my liminted experience might help a bit here. I have found that my first week back after an IC I have to play things a bit conservative. It's not my best week. I know Scott and a lot of guys say they come back from an IC and are way stronger the first week. For me its the 2nd week where things really take off and benefits of the IC really show. It just gets me longer to get going. It's also why I think a 6 week blast is more productive for me than a 4. I just need a little extra time to get the most out of it.

Also, I was VERY stiff coming back after my first IC (this would also happen when I did deload weeks when I was training powerlifting). I did some cardio, but with the extra days off my hips and shoulders seemed to stiffen up really bad and it made for some pretty cruddy training the first few times. Moving forward, after my last IC training day I just spent 5 or 10 minutes doing some hip and shoulder mobility work and I'm good to hit the ground running week one of my blast.

Hope this helps some and best of luck on your next blast.

Messages In This Thread
what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-23-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-24-2015, 02:14 AM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-24-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by Altamir - 04-25-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-24-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: what weights for next blast? - by bicep_grind - 04-25-2015, 02:56 AM