Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keto and FT can it work ?
(06-06-2015, 02:48 PM)mikeland91 Wrote: Wow !
Thank you Scott , that's an awsome answer .
Yeah I guess it wouldn't be to much of a shock to me as , like you said , the majority of my food intake through the week it mainly fat and protein , with carbs only intra and post ,
I suppose the only way to really know is give it a go !
Say for intra workout drink , would it be wise to keep all the ingredients I use now (pepto pro, EAAS,so on ..) and just simply take the carbs out ?
And post work out ? Would you keep fats in or no far post , I'm guessing if your keeping fat in with pwo meal it'd be in the form of MCTs ?

I have read before to expect a drop in intensity and strenght while on keto , but I do have a cruies phase soon ..(depending on how well the numbers go up,or down !in the next few sessions )
So this may be a good time to give it a fair little run
Again ! Thank you Scott Smile

You're welcome!

My answer would depend on whether you simply want to experiment with a lack of carbs or you want to stay in a ketogenic state per se.

Too much protein can disrupt ketogenesis, but I would suggest keeping the protein high and adding a substantial dose of glutamine (e.g., 20g if no GI distress) to the intra-shake. Glutamine can serve as a source for glycogen resynthesis in skeletal muscle.

You can use MCT's as well, but they can cause GI distress, too if doses are too high. MCT's bypass the potentially rate-limiting step in oxidation of fats involving L-carnitine acyltransferase, so they can be used more rapidly as fuel during exercise than can long chain fatty acid-based fat sources.

Within limits, you could replace the kcal you remove from carbs with a combination of MCT and glutamine which could serve to provide fuel and fuel stores during and after training, respectively. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Keto and FT can it work ? - by mikeland91 - 06-05-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Keto and FT can it work ? - by mikeland91 - 06-05-2015, 11:36 PM
RE: Keto and FT can it work ? - by mikeland91 - 06-06-2015, 02:48 PM
RE: Keto and FT can it work ? - by Scott Stevenson - 06-06-2015, 11:38 PM
Keto and FT can it work ? - by LG1 - 06-07-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Keto and FT can it work ? - by mikeland91 - 06-08-2015, 12:57 AM
Keto and FT can it work ? - by LG1 - 06-08-2015, 12:50 PM