Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muscle Round rep numbers
(06-29-2015, 03:18 PM)righty Wrote: This is a real good point.

I love when this happens.
By about rep six, I'm thinking it's not going to happen.
Then, the failure point doesn't arrive by rep 10, say, as expected - it pops up six or eight reps further in.

Hard to beat that feeling of beating your own mind. Smile

That's exactly what your mind wants you to think happened... Wink

I think Altamir's point here is quite applicable, in many cases. Subconciously or consciously varying rep tempo and form can dramatically affect performance. It can totally become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Last year I showed someone who is VERY versed in training how I've set up Muscle rounds. He was with a young training partner he was coaching along, so to speak and one of the first comments he made, when seeing that his training partner had probably gone a bit light with the weight, was that he could simply slow the reps down to make the weight "heavier," i.e., to conform to the 6 x 4 pattern.

I think this simply part of the ebb and flow of how training goes. Some days, the nervous system is wired up in attack mode and one is simply ready to blast through the reps. Within reason, there's nothing wrong with perhaps being a bit more ballistic if thats what feels right.

Eventually, if one's truly progressing, that progress will manifest as the ability to lift that same heavier load though and MR with perhaps a less "ballistic" (energetically expensive) style because the muscle is larger and/or more fatigue resistant. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Muscle Round rep numbers - by righty - 06-28-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Muscle Round rep numbers - by Altamir - 06-29-2015, 04:11 AM
RE: Muscle Round rep numbers - by righty - 06-29-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: Muscle Round rep numbers - by Scott Stevenson - 06-29-2015, 10:20 PM
RE: Muscle Round rep numbers - by Darkhorse0311 - 06-29-2015, 04:11 AM