Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on FT sets
(11-10-2015, 08:25 PM)cotsios Wrote: Hi,

I am a bit confused on the training sets and number of exercises. I am doing Tier 1...My questions are: (Lets say for Day 1)

1. Thigh, Quad and Ham are done as a triset ?
2. only 1 set per exercise? that means that you do a warm up with progressive increasing the kg and then you do a final set to your maximum? so eventually 1 set becomes 5-6 on exercises that you do really heavy ?

PS:
I went through the FT book quite fast so I am sure I missed couple of key points and possible answers to my questions. But due to unexpected changes in my personal life i had to convert to 3 days training immediately hence I decided to start FT 1 month earlier than i was planning to.

Hey Bud,

Easiest way to address this would be for you to (re)read the section on Loading sets (p.87) again. They are "zig-zagged," with prescribed rest intervals. You rotate the exercises for each workout, week by week, using just one of three grouping of exercises each week. This is all laid out in the book (with set #'s on the Overview Sheets) with examples.

You'll need to warm up on all exercises you use for Loading sets, so that when you zig zag between / among them, you can rest during the rest interval. (This is not to say that if you are resting and feel like you absolutely need to do a few reps with the next exercise, e.g., if someone adjusted the machine's seat and lever arm settings and you need to confirm that they in the right spot, you might need to do a few reps. SAFETY FIRST, but ideally, you're psychologically, neurologically and muscularly prepared so that you can go from the loading set of one exercise to the other without any warming up in between.)

Warm up is up to you - how ever many sets get you best ready to kick ass on the loading sets.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Question on FT sets - by cotsios - 11-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Question on FT sets - by Robbie - 11-10-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Question on FT sets - by Scott Stevenson - 11-10-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: Question on FT sets - by cotsios - 11-12-2015, 04:56 AM
RE: Question on FT sets - by Scott Stevenson - 11-12-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: Question on FT sets - by cotsios - 11-13-2015, 03:34 AM
RE: Question on FT sets - by Scott Stevenson - 11-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Question on FT sets - by Robbie - 11-13-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: Question on FT sets - by cotsios - 11-18-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Question on FT sets - by Scott Stevenson - 11-18-2015, 11:39 PM