Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading sets help
(12-07-2015, 04:21 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: So I think I'm understanding it a little bit more but still have a few questions. So let's just use tier 2 for an example so Chest you have two sets, would you then just be doing your one compound movement and then and isolation for your two sets or are you doing two of the compound and your zigzagging with the isolation for example a dumbbell flat press and then a fly and then dumbbell flat press and then fly and then done?

And then tier 3 where we have four sets?
Is it 4 set of they dumbbell presses for chest compound movement or two compounds into flies zigzaged?

And then for lower loading again tier 2 for example we have two sets for thigh are you doing thigh, quad, adductor calf and then coming back to do the second set of thigh or how is the lower loading days done?

Sorry for so many questions I just thought I've been doing it right for the last few months and kind of upsetting that I hadn't been.
Excited to see what it's like if I'm doing it exactly how its supposed to be done.

Did you look in the book at the examples?...

There is an example of THIGH Loading sets zig-zagging on page 90.

You zig zag only for the same muscle group. Adductors are done with a DC style RP set. Calves are an exception to zig-zagging, and simply done as straight sets with the same exercise. (You could zigzag between exercises if you wanted, but it would be inconvenient for most folks.)

The # of Total Loading sets is listed in the Overview sheets. If 2 sets are listed (e.g., Tier II), then you'd do 1 compound and 1 isolation movement.

The muscle groups are boxes on the overview sheets to show how to group the zigzagging. (E.g., Thigh, Quad and Ham are all grouped in on box on Day 1 with the rest interval right next to it.)

Take a look at any of the logs here and you'll see how folks have been doing this. Altamir's journal is awesome.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Loading sets help - by Fireguy10720 - 12-05-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: Loading sets help - by Scott Stevenson - 12-05-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: Loading sets help - by Fireguy10720 - 12-07-2015, 04:21 AM
RE: Loading sets help - by Scott Stevenson - 12-07-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: Loading sets help - by Fireguy10720 - 12-07-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Loading sets help - by Scott Stevenson - 12-08-2015, 01:20 AM
RE: Loading sets help - by Fireguy10720 - 12-08-2015, 03:18 AM
RE: Loading sets help - by Scott Stevenson - 12-09-2015, 12:13 AM