Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd phase at Fortitude advices please
(04-08-2016, 12:58 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I think you pushed too long here (probably by a couple weeks or more). Sad

Quote:your right I did, but i have mentioned my hard ass training partner before who was enjoying the training he is a loyal as a dog in the past and didn't wanna stop so gave him a couple more weeks lol

You might re-read the section on the Intensive Cruise in the book. By doing the above (and pushing the Blast so long), you may have missed your opportunity for rebound strength and gains. (This is where many folks really seem to make a great deal of progress.) The key here during the IC is REDUCED volume and maintained intensity (load and mental effort) of training. You did the opposite, it sounds like. Sad

Quote:scott next time I will im not trying to reinvent your wheel sir, the higher volume during the cruise was for nostalgic reasons only and i say high volume i was merely going through the motions and do feel rested now.

Well, I'm going to refrain from any major suggestions here b/c it sounds like you're wanting to kind of wing it / customize things a bit. (My suggestions are in the book of course... LOL)

[20 reps squats if you're doing the like a widow maker / discontinuously are different than a Pump set in FT. If not, you're just doing an FT Pump set with squats, which can be done if you manage exercise selection appropriately on other days. ]

I would say that I'd pay attention to the effect of the heavy squatting on your knees and either find a way to warm them up first (isolation movement before squats for loading sets, perhaps), or do that exercise "sparingly" if you still want to train it
heavy.

Quote:it was just a bit of experimentation and managed 20 for 200kg - video is here if you was interested https://www.facebook.com/ellis.vine

No worries by me. Smile

-S

Messages In This Thread
2nd phase at Fortitude advices please - by EllisV - 04-07-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: 2nd phase at Fortitude advices please - by EllisV - 04-13-2016, 11:49 PM