Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC For Older guys RP for pump sets
I'm moving back to FT from some great runs on DC utilizing the higher reps since I'm closing in on 55 yoa.

I had great results, specifically for biceps, triceps, and calves utilizing the rest pause but trying to hit around 15 reps for the first failure point. I know that's not the DC calf training method but it worked for me.

Do you think utilizing that method on pump sets in FT would work or is the stress too high within the pump set theory of FT?
(08-26-2018, 11:38 PM)dens228 Wrote: I'm moving back to FT from some great runs on DC utilizing the higher reps since I'm closing in on 55 yoa.

I had great results, specifically for biceps, triceps, and calves utilizing the rest pause but trying to hit around 15 reps for the first failure point. I know that's not the DC calf training method but it worked for me.

Do you think utilizing that method on pump sets in FT would work or is the stress too high within the pump set theory of FT?

That would depend upon you, the Volume Tier you're using (which you could lower if you want to utilize something more stressful than regular pump sets for some muscle groups), your diet and overall recovery, etc.

You'd not have those RP sets in place where you'd be doing Pump sets, ON TOP of MR's and loading sets (for calves), so the Volume Tier adjustment would make sense at the very least.

There is also no rule that says you must do 3 failure points, as Dante settled on with the DC training regime as he put it out. (He experimented with more failure points, but settled on 3 as an optimum for most folks, with the training frequency / volume he put forth originally.)

(DC is not against doing RP for calves, BTW...)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
My plan is to not jump ahead too fast. As I've gotten older I've learned that intensity counts and not to get caught up in doing more just for the sake of doing more. With that being said my current plan is to stick with Tier 1 for the first 4 weeks. I wouldn't be doing the RP for every pump set of course but I would definitely use them for at least biceps or triceps each week. Maybe back width every so often too.
I guess you could say I'd do it when I feel like it! LOL