Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fortitude plan
juggy here, old vet from pro muscle and intense muscle.

starting tier 1 with a focus on arms, then after two weeks going to tier 2 for a week then a one week cruise. after 3 hard weeks my mind is ready for a easy week

I'm thinking of exercise selections as so....

upper load day

chest- CGBP
shoulders- smith Behind neck press
back- supinated pulldowns
back 2 ( rack deads)

then lower body pump

for MRs I was thinking

hammer strength press (chest) or weighted dips
Machine OHP
triceps will be smith JM press

so i guess all my shoulder pump work will be laterals and rear delt work. tricep pump will be maybe behind the head rope extensions, to hit the long head some. Something brutal...maybe like 1.5s or 21s

any other fun tips?
(11-29-2018, 06:23 AM)juggy38 Wrote: juggy here, old vet from pro muscle and intense muscle.

starting tier 1 with a focus on arms, then after two weeks going to tier 2 for a week then a one week cruise. after 3 hard weeks my mind is ready for a easy week

I'm thinking of exercise selections as so....

upper load day

chest- CGBP
shoulders- smith Behind neck press
back- supinated pulldowns
back 2 ( rack deads)

then lower body pump

for MRs I was thinking

hammer strength press (chest) or weighted dips
Machine OHP
triceps will be smith JM press

so i guess all my shoulder pump work will be laterals and rear delt work. tricep pump will be maybe behind the head rope extensions, to hit the long head some. Something brutal...maybe like 1.5s or 21s

any other fun tips?

Hey Juggy!

Do you have the FT e-book? You seem to be missing out on a good bit of the basics of exercise selection for the different Set Types (page 90 or so).

For instance, there are three rotations for the Loading Sets (call them A, B and C) and you chose a compound and an isolation exercise each for chest and delts (e.g., a press and a fly movement for chest), and a width and thickness exercise for back (e.g., a pulldown and a row).

I could go on, but there's no reason to if you've got the book, where it's all laid out in detail. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-29-2018, 11:39 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Juggy!

Do you have the FT e-book? You seem to be missing out on a good bit of the basics of exercise selection for the different Set Types (page 90 or so).

For instance, there are three rotations for the Loading Sets (call them A, B and C) and you chose a compound and an isolation exercise each for chest and delts (e.g., a press and a fly movement for chest), and a width and thickness exercise for back (e.g., a pulldown and a row).

I could go on, but there's no reason to if you've got the book, where it's all laid out in detail. Smile

-S

Yes sir I have the book, I was just at work and made a quick post. I guess my question was moreso......what loading set exercises to tax the triceps hard also.

Chest I was thinking, CGBP, Dips, slight incline smith bench
Shoulders: Smith OHP, neutral grip OHP, and we have this power squat contraption that I crawl into and you can use the shoulder pads to do an close handwidth OHP

MRs I’ve mostly used machines and DBs or the Smith. Racking and re racking is a pain in the but with MRs

(11-29-2018, 11:41 PM)juggy38 Wrote: Yes sir I have the book, I was just at work and made a quick post. I guess my question was moreso......what loading set exercises to tax the triceps hard also.

Chest I was thinking, CGBP, Dips, slight incline smith bench
Shoulders: Smith OHP, neutral grip OHP, and we have this power squat contraption that I crawl into and you can use the shoulder pads to do an close handwidth OHP

MRs I’ve mostly used machines and DBs or the Smith. Racking and re racking is a pain in the but with MRs

Are you trying to bring up your arms, i.e., your triceps specifically?...

If so, I'd read this first (first post): FT Most Frequently Questions asked here on the Forum

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-30-2018, 01:00 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Are you trying to bring up your arms, i.e., your triceps specifically?...

If so, I'd read this first (first post): FT Most Frequently Questions asked here on the Forum

-S

Ahh ok that helps a lot. Yes my chest and quads are my best bodyparts, so I was trying to structure the lifts to maximize overlap on triceps, and more high pulling for medial and rear delts with the back exercises.

I’ve gone through like 4 sheets of scratch paper tinkering with it lol. I’m a touch of an over thinker so that’s why I did so well with DC. Do 1-2 soul crushing sets per body part, then go eat and pass out lol

But I’m in my 30s. College football, mma, lifting....my joints and lower back are letting me know I’m not 21 anymore lol.
(11-30-2018, 04:06 AM)juggy38 Wrote: Ahh ok that helps a lot. Yes my chest and quads are my best bodyparts, so I was trying to structure the lifts to maximize overlap on triceps, and more high pulling for medial and rear delts with the back exercises.

I’ve gone through like 4 sheets of scratch paper tinkering with it lol. I’m a touch of an over thinker so that’s why I did so well with DC. Do 1-2 soul crushing sets per body part, then go eat and pass out lol

But I’m in my 30s. College football, mma, lifting....my joints and lower back are letting me know I’m not 21 anymore lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKBFWy3eHT0&t=1s

Smile

-S
-Scott

(11-30-2018, 04:58 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKBFWy3eHT0&t=1s

Smile

-S

Great video!!! I’ll really focus on progression on the big movements and progressing even on the pump sets. I tried 5s in the hole with shoulder laterals today and with 15lb DBs I was squirming and making the ugly pain face