Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me set up FT program!
Hello, I apologize for the childish title but I have been pretty stuck in trying to use the template laid out in FT book to design a program for myself.

I am very bad at setting up my own stuff and often add way too many exercises and stuff which is unnecessary
and thus if something is laid down for me, I follow it to the T and get very good results.

I really do not understand what to put for loading sets, and pumping sets and muscle rounds. Usually before this, I just did a Push pull leg bro split and tried adding weight as often as I could. The book offers so many new things and I have read it three times now but I am still stuck in the mud.

I would really love if someone could lay out a program. I know this is not appropiate but I just can not do it myself. In case no one helps, is it okay if I just follow the sample program laid out in the book to the T? I love chinups and dips and often do them weighted and also love RDL's and front squats.

Another question, I messaged Scott regarding the issue of replacing Muscle rounds with loading sets at a lower volume in the instance that if an individual wanted to maintain the strength adaptations. I need my leg strength for sports and I know muscle loss will not occur but I am sure I will lose some neurological gains if I only do muscle rounds for 2 weeks.

Thank you everyone for reading. I know i'm horrible at programming and it would mean a lot if someone could help a bit. My goal is literally build tons of muscle everywhere, especially arms and delts since they are my weak point. Cheers.
After reading through the book for like the 10th time, I have come to a basic understanding but it is far from being a good comprehension.

So basically I want to run the 6 week blast like this,

Basic 1
Basic 2
Basic 3
Turbo 1
Turbo 2
Turbo 3

I have understood the loading for the tier 1's and tier 2's but I am confused on exercise selection as well. Loading day is heavily tailored to compound lifts from my understanding and my arms being super weak already would not get enough bang to grow bigger. My chest and back is already more developed than my delts and arms.

Is there a way I can add delt exercises like heavy laterals or heavy curls to loading day?

Are pumping days literally just grabbing whatever i want to grab and pumping out continous reps? What muscles should i target on pump days? Should I do one exercise per muscle on pump day ranging from traps to arms to delts to chest, all the way to calf?

Muscle rounds look fairly simple but just to be sure, you grab a weight and do rest pause sets. Do you put the weight down or do you hold it in your hands? Like if i am dumbell curling, after 4 reps do i put them down and take my breaths or hold it in my hands? I ask this cuz holding it while i rest makes the exercise twice as hard.

Once again this is very very confusing, I am sorry, this is the first bodybuilding program I am trying and I am only used to doing starting strength and strength programming where I am spoonfed and told to lift 'X' percentage or 1RM for 'Y' reps and repeat that over and over. My PPL routine sucked and i made no gains hence I want to try this program with all I have.
Hey Bud!

I've refunded your purchase.

I suggest you spend several days reading the logs here an the FT related Q and A. Your questions have been answered many times in various ways as well as in the book. You simply need to take the time to read and re-read. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
If you have the money and are really lost I suggest buying The Virgin Voyage custom training program, or the No Show NO Go FT training program that Scott created several years ago. Both lay out a complete blast for all 3 tier levels with every exercise listed that you need to do. It takes all the guess work out of it. The NO Show No Go program is focused on chest, shoulders, arms and abs. Both are great, but the No Show NO Go was really fun to run, was a good change of pace with some different twist thrown in, If money is a issue then simply do what Scott recommends and read all the logs here.