Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Thigh and quad - differences and supersetting?
Hi, I’m starting FT on Monday and going for tier 1 basic.

I see on day one there is thigh, quad and ham. Are these supersetted (no idea how I would do this in my gym) or just a set then a set and then a set (only 1 set anyway in tier 1).

Also, what the hell is the difference between thigh and quad and what exercises would I be doing for them? If one say a compound like back squats and thigh say quad extensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-16-2019, 03:28 AM)taylordavidrobert Wrote: Hi, I’m starting FT on Monday and going for tier 1 basic.

I see on day one there is thigh, quad and ham. Are these supersetted (no idea how I would do this in my gym) or just a set then a set and then a set (only 1 set anyway in tier 1).

Also, what the hell is the difference between thigh and quad and what exercises would I be doing for them? If one say a compound like back squats and thigh say quad extensions?

This is all in the book and on the board. (Thus the purpose of both. Smile )

Page 90 or so in the book covers zig-zagging and it's been covered dozens of times here now.

Thigh is quad, ham, adductor (and usually glute involved). Exercise that work the thigh are things like squats, hack squats, front squat, hammer strength standing squat machines, other squat variation, 45˚ leg press, vertical leg press, etc, etc, etc,

Quadriceps is that four headed muscle on the front of your thigh that connects to your patella and lets you extend (straighten) your knee, like when doing a knee extension. Thus, knee extension is an exercise for the quadriceps, as would be a smith sissy hack (I'll let you search for that one), a somersault squat, a sissy squat, variations of leg presses, etc. with the feet close, low on the foot plate a/o with heels elevated, a barbell hack squat, trap bar deadlift with heels elevated, etc.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks Scott. Really looking forward to getting started tomorrow. Will look over p90 ish again. It’ll click soon and will then be in the groove.

Also, so great you answering the questions (as frustrating as it might be with the same things again)

[emoji106]

(06-16-2019, 08:20 PM)taylordavidrobert Wrote: Thanks Scott. Really looking forward to getting started tomorrow. Will look over p90 ish again. It’ll click soon and will then be in the groove.

Also, so great you answering the questions (as frustrating as it might be with the same things again)

[emoji106]

No problem!

Kick ass today in the gym!

(Also, please search around - you might be interested in what you could find that's been answered here over the past several years. Smile )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Great question and thanks for the answer. The book is really not that clear. And the workout charts are VERY VERY confusing and not clearly done.
(09-20-2019, 02:14 AM)cgjedi Wrote: Great question and thanks for the answer. The book is really not that clear. And the workout charts are VERY VERY confusing and not clearly done.

Thanks for the feedback.

If you're able to formulate a specific question to clarify your confusion, please feel free.

(It would help, if you choose to do so, to do your best to be specific with terminology, too, e.g., when you say "workout charts," are you referring to the Overview Sheets?)

-S
-Scott