Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prep with FT
I want to share my testimonial/review of Fortitude Training for a recent offseason and prep. It was my first time prepping with FT. I've competed a handful of times since 2007, with the last competition being in 2014. I've used FT a few times since the ebook came out, but this was my first time using it as consistently and with such strong, clear goals.

The highlights for me were as follows:

- Flexibility of programming allows for a highly individualized program, and allowed me to manage/progress towards multiple goals. (Specifically, fixing imbalances and poor movement patterns, getting stronger at specific exercises, rebuilding/building muscle, and maintaining a high(er) level of fitness, work capacity and conditioning.)

- The higher volume/longer workouts, relative to what I’ve used in the past, allowed me to keep cardio significantly lower and keep more food in...both of which offered a more pleasant prep experience overall.

- It was and is FUN! FT allows for variety, while still having enough structure in place to track progress. Each workout has its own unique subsets of challenges within it, so there was always a new game to play, in manageable, bite sized pieces.

- The breathing/timing aspect of the MR’s allowed me to deepen my practice of breath work and training myself to consciously shift towards a parasympathetic state for mini-phases of recovery between the cluster sets. It encouraged a meditative quality in the workouts, giving them more depth and fostered habits that are beneficial in other aspects of life.

Additionally, used BYOBBC to guide me through peak week. The protocol I used the previous couple preps was derived partially from posts Scott has made online so there were similarities. However, having his full protocol on paper in depth was very helpful...not just for guidance in those areas where this protocol differed from what I’ve done in the past, but also to read as often as needed to offer myself reassurance that I was doing the “right” thing when I would doubt myself or want to get a bit too creative during those last few weeks and days.

The protocol worked great, and I plan to use it for future competitions. It was by far the healthiest and most clear headed I have ever felt during the day of (and after) a contest.

As a whole, there is SO MUCH information in the book. It’s actually easy to overlook a gem that is right in front of your eyes. I read and reread sections, and continue to get more out of it. It is TRULY A GREAT RESOURCE and wealth of information. I thank Scott sincerely for putting in the time and energy to making this available.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Dominique for this post:
  • MaxDog, Scott Stevenson, Stewilliams
THANK YOU, Domie Q!!!!

This is awesome and of course you know you're always welcome!!! Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.