Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready to start but newb Q's
Well, I've had the FT book for a couple of weeks and have read it e-cover to e-cover and am now trying to lay out some specifics for myself to get started. I think I've got a good handle on most of it. But...a couple of questions:

1. In the Overview Sheets, on Days 3/4, what is the significance of some sets being boxed off and others not? For example. on p. 103, in the Basic Version, Day 3, we have Thigh, Ham, and Quad in a box but Calf, Biceps, Forearms not. Is that supposed to indicate something I'm not picking up on.

2. When two body parts are called out in the same box as, e.g., for Basic, Day 1, Tier 1, we have "Sh./Abs. 1", I understand these are to be supersetted. An example is given for Tier III. There, the Outline calls for 3 sets. In the example on p. 92 the three supersets combine an ab routine with first a compound-ish shoulder routine, then a lateral head routine, then a rear head routine. All well and good. But in Tier I only one superset is specified so my question is what to do for the Sh. part of the superset. OH Press because it's more compound, choose the weaker of front, side, read delts? Change it up each Day 1? I'm thinking Scott Press would suit here to start. [Note to Scott: I think I've answered this question for myself as I typed it out but I'll leave it in in case it helps someone else with the same newb questions.]
(09-08-2019, 11:09 PM)muotrotos Wrote: Well, I've had the FT book for a couple of weeks and have read it e-cover to e-cover and am now trying to lay out some specifics for myself to get started. I think I've got a good handle on most of it. But...a couple of questions:

1. In the Overview Sheets, on Days 3/4, what is the significance of some sets being boxed off and others not? For example. on p. 103, in the Basic Version, Day 3, we have Thigh, Ham, and Quad in a box but Calf, Biceps, Forearms not. Is that supposed to indicate something I'm not picking up on.

That's just a visual aid (separating Upper and Lower).

Quote:2. When two body parts are called out in the same box as, e.g., for Basic, Day 1, Tier 1, we have "Sh./Abs. 1", I understand these are to be supersetted. An example is given for Tier III. There, the Outline calls for 3 sets. In the example on p. 92 the three supersets combine an ab routine with first a compound-ish shoulder routine, then a lateral head routine, then a rear head routine. All well and good. But in Tier I only one superset is specified so my question is what to do for the Sh. part of the superset. OH Press because it's more compound, choose the weaker of front, side, read delts? Change it up each Day 1? I'm thinking Scott Press would suit here to start. [Note to Scott: I think I've answered this question for myself as I typed it out but I'll leave it in in case it helps someone else with the same newb questions.]

(Yes, this one's been answered before.)

You pick an exercise for a Tier I pump set for that day in the way you pick them for pump sets in general: Based on where you need to target / direct growth (some people might even just do a rear delt exercise there), exercises you've used preceding that session during the week (to balance stimulus) and/or where you feel soreness. Exercise selection is autoregulated here.

For delta, you can also think outside the box and do a Pump set where use a cable or a DB and do a continuous set that entails standing side laterals, BO laterals, and OH flies, all performed sequentially as one set.

This also works for using a cross cable machine and targeting all aspects of the chest simply by changing the angle of pull during the fly movement: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZjRVE1hh8X/

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-08-2019, 11:51 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: ...use a cable or a DB and do a continuous set that entails standing side laterals, BO laterals, and OH flies, all performed sequentially as one set.

This also works for using a cross cable machine and targeting all aspects of the chest simply by changing the angle of pull during the fly movement

Thanks, Scott.

re 1, as I thought but wanted to make sure.

re 2, ditto, but I like your quoted suggestion. I'll program that in where opportunities arise.

(09-09-2019, 12:05 AM)muotrotos Wrote: Thanks, Scott.

re 1, as I thought but wanted to make sure.

re 2, ditto, but I like your quoted suggestion. I'll program that in where opportunities arise.

You're welcome!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.