Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help My first ft blast questions
Hello all,
I am on my second week of ft.Im doing a basic tier 1-3 the first 3 weeks and turbo tier 1-3 the next six weeks.Im limited on what i can use for chest for loading sets as i cant flat bench and dbell bench.So i have chosen the incline smith,Hammer incline and slight decline bench on the smith machine for my chest loading sets.

Im 4 months recovering from hernia surgey so getting the dumbells in position and lying down is not a good idea.I did dc for a long time some years back but the mr sets are on another level.Loving the way the program is structured.Im 47 btw and really want to bring up my chest.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
Hey Kastro!

I don't see a question, but I'd not pre-program your Tiers in that way when just starting with FT. Autoregulate your Volume Tier, feeing free to try more if you feel like it and drop down a Tier if that seems best. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I must have read your periodization examples wrong?page 81 has the example.So would you suggest staying with one tier for each blast?Today the tier 2 muscle rounds kicked my but!My back and chest are already sore.Thank you sir.

(09-26-2019, 04:07 PM)kastro Wrote: I must have read your periodization examples wrong?page 81 has the example.So would you suggest staying with one tier for each blast?Today the tier 2 muscle rounds kicked my but!My back and chest are already sore.Thank you sir.

Actually, I think you didn't read my response above. Smile Smile Smile

AUTOREGULATE your Tiers, at least when starting out with FT.

MANY people can't use Tier III - it's too much for them.

Those examples are simply examples, not prescriptions. (By analogy, you'd not order a 6 weeks worth with a food you don't like or had never tried. In the same way, I'd not suggest pre-programming, especially, when it includes Tier III, your Volume Tiers unless you know there's some sense in doing it that way.

If you, for instance, know that during week 3 of a Blast, you will have a light work schedule, and that you can recovery from Tier III for short periods, then it might make sense to plan on that.

If you have done a few Blasts and know you end up going about 6 weeks, then you might plot out a Blast - based on that experience - that lasts 6 weeks (but still be open to autoregulation).

The purpose here is the match stimulus and recovery. There are folks here on the board who have done FT for years now, and know that if they, for instance, do Tier III, followed by a drop back to Tier I [which is even a larger reduction in volume (Tier) than what I would *generally* prescribe happen during the Intensive Cruise, relative to the Progressive Blast), that there is a strong rebounding / recovery effect, so this is a bit of a planned functional overreaching.

OTOH, per the above example, maybe week 3 is a week on vacation (eat sleep train and grow) and Week 4 is back to work (scrape by, working later than normal, catching up). That would be another reason to plan on a changing Tiers at the outset.

-------

Why did you pick that particular example for moving through the Tiers?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Ive been so anxious to regain some lost size after almost two months off after hernia surgery[emoji16].It was really humbling getting back.

I always enjoy your podcasts and i saw Montego's log elsewhere and after talking to him i took the plunge.You are a wealth of knowledge sir.