Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Dog Training to Fortitude Training
Hi y´all!

I will be competing this sunday and after taking it easy the week after, I want to switch to Fortitude Training! I used Scott´s BYOBBC-book to do this prep myself. I learnt a lot by coaching myself and loved it! I feel like the book is a must-have for any bodybuilder :-)

I currently do Mountain Dog training style, training 6 times a week.
Sunday: Legs (base-workout)
Monday: Chest/Shoulder (base-workout)
Tuesday: Back (base-workout)
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Legs (pump-workout)
Friday: Chest/Shoulder (pump-workout)
Saturday: Back (pump-workout)

I am a bikini fitness athlete, going into the off-season I want to focus on glute gains of course ahaha

Do you have any advice how to tackle this transition? I already have read the Fortitude Training ebook and decided to switch up my training first before I switch up my diet.

Much love,

Lisa
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lisabikinifit for this post:
  • Joseca
I want to start on the basic version tier I
This is what I have worked out myself, any feedback is appreciated!

Day 1
- Barbell Sumo Squats
- Small Stance Leg Press
- Glute Ham Raise (?)
- Standing Calf Raises
- Chest Press Machine / Seated Cable Row
- Lateral Dumbbell Raise / Cable Crunch
- Dumbbell Hammer Curl / Tricep Pushdown

Day 2
- Pulldown
- (Incline) Dumbbell Press
- Military Press
- Glute Bridge
- Dumbbell RDL
- Seated Calf Raise

Day 3
- Sumo Deads
- Leg Extension
- Leg Curls
- Standing Calf Raises
- Cable Curls / Overhead Tricep Extensions

Day 4
- Pendlay Row
- Lat Pulldown
- Pec Deck
- Overhead Dumbbell Press
- Total Abdominal

What do you guys think..?
Hey Lisa,

Some quick thoughts:

You'll need to have a three rotation exercise selection for the Loading Sets (Day 1 and 2). You'll want to then couple those exercises in a way that makes sense for you gym / equipment availability. (I've posted a few times on this here).

For instance, if you want to do sumo squats, then commandeering the leg press and a glute ham raise might be tough.

OTOH, you could do the squat, and then drop the load down to do a Barbell HACK squat and follow that with a BB stiff-legged dead lift. (Or even put the SLDL first, as the weight might be intermediate to the squat and hack squat.)

I'd not do (sumo) deads for a MR - just a low back safety issue as form tends to fail there with rounding of the low back, which is asking for nasty injury.

----

I think you can probably just go right into Tier I from the MD program and adjust Tier as necessary.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-28-2019, 07:12 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Lisa,

Some quick thoughts:

You'll need to have a three rotation exercise selection for the Loading Sets (Day 1 and 2). You'll want to then couple those exercises in a way that makes sense for you gym / equipment availability. (I've posted a few times on this here).

For instance, if you want to do sumo squats, then commandeering the leg press and a glute ham raise might be tough.

OTOH, you could do the squat, and then drop the load down to do a Barbell HACK squat and follow that with a BB stiff-legged dead lift. (Or even put the SLDL first, as the weight might be intermediate to the squat and hack squat.)

I'd not do (sumo) deads for a MR - just a low back safety issue as form tends to fail there with rounding of the low back, which is asking for nasty injury.

----

I think you can probably just go right into Tier I from the MD program and adjust Tier as necessary.

-S

Thank you so much for your quick reply Scott! I can´t wait to dig into FT biggrin

I´m going to read through the forum to find out more about which exercises would make sense and I will post my updated version on here Angel
Okay so I read through the forum and the book once again. Went back in and rewrote the training, I tried my best!
I hope someone is willing to give me back some advice here! I know MR can vary ;-)

[Image: PiH5cfQ]https://imgur.com/PiH5cfQ
(11-28-2019, 11:27 PM)Lisabikinifit Wrote: Okay so I read through the forum and the book once again. Went back in and rewrote the training, I tried my best!
I hope someone is willing to give me back some advice here! I know MR can vary ;-)

[Image: PiH5cfQ]https://imgur.com/PiH5cfQ

He Lisa,

You're not likely to get someone to give much feedback in this manner. (You've basically plopped down a whole outline and asked someone to play 20 questions with you, so to speak. Aside from wanting to more glute size, which you seem to have a handle on, its hard to tell what your concerns are...)

Better approach would be to ask specific questions about what you've come up with or things you're unsure of. Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.