Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back after a year
Well long story short i was in the hospital from february 2020 till august.I got an infection in my delt which spread down to my hand.It became sepsis,they ended up amputating all my fingers in my right hand.I WAS IN A COMA 3 MONTHS,woke up had to learn to walk eat and talk again.I went in 250# left at 160#.Well i was using the ft program making great gains.

N ow im ready to start training again.I have a hook i been using for pulling back movements but i will be using only machines for pressing.Question is can i modify the family man plan wiyh no barbell work for chest?Im breaking my head here lol trying to adjust to my new life in the gym again.Thank you in advance and apologies for the long post.
(03-18-2021, 10:16 AM)kastro Wrote: Well long story short i was in the hospital from february 2020 till august.I got an infection in my delt which spread down to my hand.It became sepsis,they ended up amputating all my fingers in my right hand.I WAS IN A COMA 3 MONTHS,woke up had to learn to walk eat and talk again.I went in 250# left at 160#.Well i was using the ft program making great gains.

N ow im ready to start training again.I have a hook i been using for pulling back movements but i will be using only machines for pressing.Question is can i modify the family man plan wiyh no barbell work for chest?Im breaking my head here lol trying to adjust to my new life in the gym again.Thank you in advance and apologies for the long post.

Kastro,

Firstly, man. WOW! I'm glad you're still with us!!! Do you have any residual effects other than the amputation?... Cognitive issues?...

I would recommend getting a isolator... It looks like they stopped making them, but maybe the 14" pro size would work for you?...

https://isolatorfitness.com/products/isolator-proforce

You can also use hanging ab straps and connect those to a cable or a smith machine with a large carabiner and put the strap on your elbow as the pulling point:

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=hanging+ab+..._sb_noss_2

Here's some vid's or me doing delts and back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOGSfncjzjX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMXq0Q0jbfc/

You can do BO rows and rear delts, as well as upright rows on a smith. With a bench and some daisy chains connected to a cable set up behind you, you can do a seated chest fly, too.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello Mr Stevenson
Yes sir it was a life changing experience.I cant tell you how depressed i was looking at my disability and body change.But now two weeks back in tbe gym im feeling normal again.

The rowing on the smith works great!Those are great suggestions sir.Ill tell you what got me through most days in the hospital was listening to your podcasts with Scott[emoji120].

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
(03-19-2021, 01:40 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Kastro,

Firstly, man. WOW! I'm glad you're still with us!!! Do you have any residual effects other than the amputation?... Cognitive issues?...

I would recommend getting a isolator... It looks like they stopped making them, but maybe the 14" pro size would work for you?...

https://isolatorfitness.com/products/isolator-proforce

You can also use hanging ab straps and connect those to a cable or a smith machine with a large carabiner and put the strap on your elbow as the pulling point:

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=hanging+ab+..._sb_noss_2

Here's some vid's or me doing delts and back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOGSfncjzjX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMXq0Q0jbfc/

You can do BO rows and rear delts, as well as upright rows on a smith. With a bench and some daisy chains connected to a cable set up behind you, you can do a seated chest fly, too.

-S
No issues whatsoever other than my test levels were at 36 lol.My doc put me on trt which is good.Just coming to terms with my hand the way it looks has been the hardest.I am going to read up on the links you posted Thanks again Scott!!

Quote:Hello Mr Stevenson
Yes sir it was a life changing experience.I cant tell you how depressed i was looking at my disability and body change.But now two weeks back in tbe gym im feeling normal again.

The rowing on the smith works great!Those are great suggestions sir.Ill tell you what got me through most days in the hospital was listening to your podcasts with Scott

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling normal again, my man!!!

SOOOO glad the podcast could be that helpful!  (I wish we'd have known - a shoutout would have been in order!!!)

(03-23-2021, 06:24 AM)kastro Wrote: No issues whatsoever other than my test levels were at 36 lol.My doc put me on trt which is good.Just coming to terms with my hand the way it looks has been the hardest.I am going to read up on the links you posted Thanks again Scott!!

Wow - 36 is just about the lowest I've heard of!  TRT was def. a good idea!

You're 100% welcome.  Post back if you have Q's. Would love to see vid's of you using the Isolator if you get one!

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-23-2021, 06:28 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I'm so glad to hear you're feeling normal again, my man!!!

SOOOO glad the podcast could be that helpful!  (I wish we'd have known - a shoutout would have been in order!!!)

Wow - 36 is just about the lowest I've heard of!  TRT was def. a good idea!

You're 100% welcome.  Post back if you have Q's. Would love to see vid's of you using the Isolator if you get one!

-S
Thank you sir.I have been using these hooks LPG haulin hooks.They were recommended by a competitor who was born with two fingers on his right hand.He had deadlifted 600# on a meet Cris Ruden is his name.I also found a company Active Hands that makes specialized equipment for disabled people.

The only problem i foresee with the hook is slippage once the weight gets heavy.But for now it should do.Any suggestions are always welcomed.Thanks again Scott!

(03-23-2021, 06:47 AM)kastro Wrote: Thank you sir.I have been using these hooks LPG haulin hooks.They were recommended by a competitor who was born with two fingers on his right hand.He had deadlifted 600# on a meet Cris Ruden is his name.I also found a company Active Hands that makes specialized equipment for disabled people.

The only problem i foresee with the hook is slippage once the weight gets heavy.But for now it should do.Any suggestions are always welcomed.Thanks again Scott!

Nice find on the hooks. I think I've seen video of him lifting.

Any hurdles, just toss 'em out and we can perhaps come up with a workaround. Smile 

-S
-Scott

(03-23-2021, 11:50 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Nice find on the hooks. I think I've seen video of him lifting.

Any hurdles, just toss 'em out and we can perhaps come up with a workaround. Smile 

-S
Thank you much Scott.I will see how the hooks work as i move up in weight.Much respect sir!

(03-24-2021, 11:03 AM)kastro Wrote: Thank you much Scott.I will see how the hooks work as i move up in weight.Much respect sir!

Awesome - Keep us updated!!! Smile Smile Smile 

-Scott
-Scott