Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing things up
Well i have just finished turbo tier 3 and finishing off the cruise.Loading improved every session as has been the case running the program though i was overreaching the last weeks on turbo.I was thinking of doing a ppl 3 on 1 off then 2 days mr.Keeping two working sets per loading three movements for bodyparts.Since i have my son on weekends he is getting the lifting bug would be hitting it together though he is just doing basic lifts.I love the mr and i would still focus on loading.Pump sets will be for biceps and calves.

FRI-CHEST.SHOULDERS,TRIS
SAT-BACK,BICEPS,ABS
SUN-THIGHS,HAMS,ABDUCTORS,CALVES
MON OFF
TUE UPPER MR
WED LOWER MR(MAYBE AN XTRA CHEST MR)

I had another pec strain using the dip as my stretch so no flat chest work until fully healed.Incline work does not aggravate it nor does overhead pressing.Any input welcomed Cool
(11-19-2021, 09:49 AM)kastro Wrote: Well i have just finished turbo tier 3 and finishing off the cruise.Loading improved every session as has been the case running the program though i was overreaching the last weeks on turbo.I was thinking of doing a ppl 3 on 1 off then 2 days mr.Keeping two working sets per loading three movements for bodyparts.Since i have my son on weekends he is getting the lifting bug would be hitting it together though he is just doing basic lifts.I love the mr and i would still focus on loading.Pump sets will be for biceps and calves.

FRI-CHEST.SHOULDERS,TRIS
SAT-BACK,BICEPS,ABS
SUN-THIGHS,HAMS,ABDUCTORS,CALVES
MON OFF
TUE UPPER MR
WED LOWER MR(MAYBE AN XTRA CHEST MR)

I had another pec strain using the dip as my stretch so no flat chest work until fully healed.Incline work does not aggravate it nor does overhead pressing.Any input welcomed Cool

Love the split, man!  First thought might be that you'll have to be careful with Back right before legs, as to go easy on the low back. (E.g., a hip hinge for back followed by a squatting movement on the next day could run you up against some problems.  That could largely depend on how you spend your weekends, too - resting or being more active / doing things around the house that could slow low back recovery.)

Of course, if you're still making good gains with FT, it might be worth considering sticking with it, but if this is to have that quality time with your son, I'm ALL for making that a top priority.  Smile 

Sorry to hear about the chest issue. How much load did you have (assuming this was a weighted dip extreme stretch that caused the issue) hanging when you had the issue.  Did you feel a pop / tear?... (Glad it sounds like it's minor, though!)

A thought on that is that if you are wanting / have tended to do chest more frequently, a thought to consider is that connective tissue (collagen-related) protein synthesis seems to lag behind (is of a lesser relative magnitude increase) than myofibrillar protein synthesis, suggesting a greater recovery need there and that pushing hard, into an overreaching scenario esp. when doing higher frequency work is most likely to make the connective tissue most susceptible to injury.  Takeaway there would be that even higher frequency training (if looking to create an overload growth stimulus) might be something to hold back on for a muscle that's already recovering from an injury and could be generally (for you) more susceptible to injury.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-20-2021, 01:36 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Love the split, man!  First thought might be that you'll have to be careful with Back right before legs, as to go easy on the low back. (E.g., a hip hinge for back followed by a squatting movement on the next day could run you up against some problems.  That could largely depend on how you spend your weekends, too - resting or being more active / doing things around the house that could slow low back recovery.)

Of course, if you're still making good gains with FT, it might be worth considering sticking with it, but if this is to have that quality time with your son, I'm ALL for making that a top priority.  Smile 

Sorry to hear about the chest issue. How much load did you have (assuming this was a weighted dip extreme stretch that caused the issue) hanging when you had the issue.  Did you feel a pop / tear?... (Glad it sounds like it's minor, though!)

A thought on that is that if you are wanting / have tended to do chest more frequently, a thought to consider is that connective tissue (collagen-related) protein synthesis seems to lag behind (is of a lesser relative magnitude increase) than myofibrillar protein synthesis, suggesting a greater recovery need there and that pushing hard, into an overreaching scenario esp. when doing higher frequency work is most likely to make the connective tissue most susceptible to injury.  Takeaway there would be that even higher frequency training (if looking to create an overload growth stimulus) might be something to hold back on for a muscle that's already recovering from an injury and could be generally (for you) more susceptible to injury.

-S

Hi Scott,
I hears that dreaded sound but i had no bruising.It was at the end of my upper loading on turbo tier 3 week 6.Something was telling me to forego the stretch but it was my fault for not listening to my body.I was really over reaching on that final week before the cruise.Being that my chest is a weak point i was really pushing it with great progress.I was basically hitting chest 4 times a week with turbo tier 3,only had a ten pound dbell hanging from my belt.This cycle i'm just doing the two loading sets with no weighted stretching for chest and one muscle round.

As far as overlapping i on the week i do a rack dead or bb row i will not do a hip hinge movement for hams.I RDL and leg press on the same day rotating ham curls and smith squats etc.So basically the frequency will still be high and the intensive cruise which is such a brilliant concept you came up with and the muscle rounds too!I have bad luck with chest,i remember i posted here 2019 i believe that i had a slight tear on my left pec.That one did bruise up but it healed with time.It has been a battle after that hospital stay but i'm pushing through.Trying to catch Dusty lol,amazing how fast he gained everything back  Confused
(11-20-2021, 06:48 AM)kastro Wrote:  
Hi Scott,
I hears that dreaded sound but i had no bruising.It was at the end of my upper loading on turbo tier 3 week 6.Something was telling me to forego the stretch but it was my fault for not listening to my body.I was really over reaching on that final week before the cruise.Being that my chest is a weak point i was really pushing it with great progress.I was basically hitting chest 4 times a week with turbo tier 3,only had a ten pound dbell hanging from my belt.This cycle i'm just doing the two loading sets with no weighted stretching for chest and one muscle round.

Ah, bummer.  Not at all try to "shame" but this is why, as you know, I've autoregulated the stretches and included three stretch type with FT. (So you have that option to not do an extreme stretch but intstead lay off (flexibility stretch) - or find a safer more controllable stretch (occlusion stretch).

[Including the above for those reading who this might help to know / have a reminder of.]

Quote:As far as overlapping i on the week i do a rack dead or bb row i will not do a hip hinge movement for hams.I RDL and leg press on the same day rotating ham curls and smith squats etc.So basically the frequency will still be high and the intensive cruise which is such a brilliant concept you came up with and the muscle rounds too!I have bad luck with chest,i remember i posted here 2019 i believe that i had a slight tear on my left pec.That one did bruise up but it healed with time.It has been a battle after that hospital stay but i'm pushing through.Trying to catch Dusty lol,amazing how fast he gained everything back  Confused

Sounds like a good plan!

Yeah, he came back strong for sure.  Drive and desire, good genetics (he's always been a big guy - I knew him / would see him around shows when he was still an amateur back in Arizona) and being the the right situation as a Pro making a living with his physique are a great formula for making that happen.  

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-21-2021, 04:46 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Ah, bummer.  Not at all try to "shame" but this is why, as you know, I've autoregulated the stretches and included three stretch type with FT. (So you have that option to not do an extreme stretch but intstead lay off (flexibility stretch) - or find a safer more controllable stretch (occlusion stretch).

[Including the above for those reading who this might help to know / have a reminder of.]
Agree,shold never had happened.As with most injuries i have had there were always tell tale signs lol.

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
Sounds like a good plan!

Yeah, he came back strong for sure.  Drive and desire, good genetics (he's always been a big guy - I knew him / would see him around shows when he was still an amateur back in Arizona) and being the the right situation as a Pro making a living with his physique are a great formula for making that happen.  

-S
Thanks sir,hopefully you have great thanksgiving and the doggies can enjoy some turkey too dog
(11-21-2021, 12:43 PM)kastro Wrote: Thanks sir,hopefully you have great thanksgiving and the doggies can enjoy some turkey too dog

Thanks, man!  Hope you have a Bad ass week as well!!!  Smile 

-S
-Scott