Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deload / Intensive Cruise
I’ve been running Turbo Tier 3 for 16 weeks straight and beating the log book each time. I’m not showing any signs of over training and still have the same drive, passion and focus when I walk through those gym doors. I am on TRT and decided to triple my weekly dosage during this timeframe. Should I still force a deload week even though I’m not showing any signs of over training or just keep crushing it? I went back to my Dr prescribed TRT dose this week so maybe I will feel the effects and will need to cruise. Any thoughts / feedback appreciated. 
(12-10-2023, 11:00 AM)Cswole23 Wrote: I’ve been running Turbo Tier 3 for 16 weeks straight and beating the log book each time. I’m not showing any signs of over training and still have the same drive, passion and focus when I walk through those gym doors. I am on TRT and decided to triple my weekly dosage during this timeframe. Should I still force a deload week even though I’m not showing any signs of over training or just keep crushing it? I went back to my Dr prescribed TRT dose this week so maybe I will feel the effects and will need to cruise. Any thoughts / feedback appreciated. 

Hey Bud!

Thanks for posting this here.  

If you don’t need to cruise, i.e., you're making good progress in the logbook (with consistent form and exercise execution) and your perceived recovery is still high, then I see no reason to do so.

You’re right to wonder, though.  I’ve never heard of anyone Blasting on Turbo for quite such a long time without needed a cruise.  (Per your comments on going back to TRT, blasting for so long might happen if someone is coming back from a lay off  and/or before adding in PEDs for the first time / after a long time not using them and getting recovery assistance there.)  

One might suspect that training effort might be lacking too if you could Blast for so long, but if you’re truly making (good) progress, then that doesn't matter. (If it works, it works!)

So, I would expect in going "back to TRT" will be noticeable at some point and then you find there is a need for an Intensive Cruise. 

Going forward, I would also expect that your recovery will not be what it previously was, so you would likely need to train a lower Volume Tier (as well as Cruise more frequently).

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thank you!  Both of your points are probably accurate. I did take 6 months off of heavy lifting to let my QL fully heal so I mainly did pump sets for all body parts.. I checked my ego at the door and started back with weights I used almost a year ago. Which probably explains why I was able to keep moving up…which was closely inline with my previous progression. Also I did increase my TRT for the first time because I wanted to get back to where I was before getting injured. Now I’m almost fully back to where I was strength wise so now I will get back to the basic fortitude principles of a 3-6 blast followed by a cruise. 

Thank you again 
(12-11-2023, 03:49 AM)Cswole23 Wrote: Thank you!  Both of your points are probably accurate. I did take 6 months off of heavy lifting to let my QL fully heal so I mainly did pump sets for all body parts.. I checked my ego at the door and started back with weights I used almost a year ago. Which probably explains why I was able to keep moving up…which was closely inline with my previous progression. Also I did increase my TRT for the first time because I wanted to get back to where I was before getting injured. Now I’m almost fully back to where I was strength wise so now I will get back to the basic fortitude principles of a 3-6 blast followed by a cruise. 

Thank you again 

Hey Brother!

You're welcome.   But note, it's not a principle that the Blast would last 3-6 weeks.  That's just typically how one would expect it to work out in most cases.  If someone needs to Cruise in 2 weeks, then so be it (although I might suspect the Volume Tier might have been a bit high in the case).  If someone makes it to 8 weeks before feeling a cruise is needed and then successfully cruises, recovers and ideally rebounds before starting the next Blast, then that's a victory.  

Main point is to auto-regulate, and not limit oneself to prescribed boundaries, but simultaneously keep in mind what the status quo tends to be.

Welcome back!!!

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Mantle for rent for rent to buy https://www.instagram.com/mantiya_almaty
Mantle for rent for rent to buy https://www.instagram.com/mantiya_almaty