Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
I’m not scott (still, lol) but how far you’ll have to drop the weight will vary for different body parts, set types, and exercises. I really struggle to feel quads as the primary engine in high bar squats, for example, until I’m going 15 reps plus. On the other hand, I can lock in on them on a good leg press almost regardless of weight. I don’t feel triceps well going super heavy or super light. YMMV.

I would start by picking exercises that you feel well, then work on getting very good at them, then work on getting very strong at them. Every so often you may find that you lose the feel once you’ve progressed the log book to a certain extent, and at that point you could either do a Matt Jansen (keep the exercise in, but pull the weight back 15-25% and really focus on execution and feel) or switch the exercise for another.

Simultaneous posts!
(11-29-2018, 07:24 PM)zmt Wrote: got it Smile

thank you !

but
next question Wink

MUSCLE MINDS, EPISODE 46
~65 min.

trash logbook to reset form and once again start training given bodypart instead just moving weights from A to B ...

I am guilty of later ...Sad
frankly said I have never got a great muscle-mind connection ... now with bigger weights I feel I need to let go and start from the scratch ...

I know Jordan Peters some time ago also did this - if he needed this - I need it even more Smile

Could you point me a good starting point (% from my current personal max - PM) to start working again - 70% of PM ??

Altamir and Sermolupi gave you some great input!

I'll add this: The bolded above is what you'll want to develop first and foremost, so you might literally just take a few training sessions to (split maybe into upper and lower training, for instance) and focus literally just on figuring out how to hit the target muscle (develop the mind muscle connection).

You can play around with pre-fatiguing and utilizing all the cues you can find (here and elsewhere) to figure out how to do this. (E.g., for pecs: Chest high, scapulae retracted, imagine doing a fly even during presses, drive the hands together when pressing on a bard, etc.)

Nail that down in a single workout for each muscle group, testing out the exercises you typically use. You've got two major variables to consider here (as suggested):

• Exercise selection
• Load

So, let's say you have been using a HS wide chest machine. In one of these mind muscle connection "workouts," compare that with other exercises (including isolation exercises) and see if it's even a keeper. If so, then you could do "warm-up" sets (just 3-4 reps) working your way up towards something close to a. 10RM (but not actually doing anything close to 10 reps.), evaluating whether you can feel the target muscle (pecs) with the heavier loads still

The third major Q, would be how well you stay connected to the target muscle as you get closer to failure.

So you could literally have 6+ workouts (3+ lower, 3+ upper) set up like this:

• First Round: See which exercises work best when applying all you can as far as Mind muscle connection. Test out a half dozen exercises you've been using with light / moderate loads, and maybe try some new ones. Try to figure out if there are some you should pitch and others you could / should add in.

• Second Round: Test these out again moving up in load to see how well you can keep the mind muscle connection with heavier weight. (NO failure sets).

• Third round: Pick a few of the exercises and go to heavy loads where you can still feel the target muscle early in the set and do your best to hold on to the mind-muscle connection. Make notes in your log book about what you do / don't do as the set nears failure.

Thereafter, you'll have a better idea of what exercises lend themselves best to what rep ranges and how you can best keep a mind-muscle connection (as well as whether you still need to just do that in the first place with some muscle groups.)

------

We can talk about ways to create the mind-muscle connection specific to different muscle (groups) if you like (pre-fatiguing, touch training, biomechanics, exercise set up, visualization / cuing, etc.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
1. whoa guys - now you made me think ... - again all I should do ...
taught decisions ahead of me - ego don't let me go this way ... Wink

it's Dante and Mentzer to blame (not me Wink ) - progress progress progress - looks I have been doing it all wrong ...

just to give you more background (BG) - I am not a BBer - never was never be - not an excuse - just a BG - at almost 47 I want to look as good as I could with given genetics - far from good - (but I can't complain about legs development (for my goals) - I had to cut workout time to maintain the physique balance and fit my jeans Wink ) - again no excuses - just a point ... and maintain mobility and health as long as I will be given

as we have established before FT seems to be one of best thing for me

2. ways to create the mind-muscle connection specific to different muscle (groups)

I have created separate topic for this great lecture to come Smile
Integrative Bodybuilding

if I may ask for your (all of you) time...

once again thank you guys for so much help !
I've got a question. when you do strech for each muscle group it means: example we take arms, shouild i strrch both bicep and tricep, or just pick one?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J320F folosind Tapatalk
(12-10-2018, 06:44 AM)Bogdan Wrote: I've got a question. when you do strech for each muscle group it means: example we take arms, shouild i strrch both bicep and tricep, or just pick one?

You stretch after you've finished training the muscle group (but after supersetting that happens with Pump Sets). If you've just trained two different muscle groups, you can stretch them in any order you like, typically in the order you supersetted them, as this will ensure they are still warm and increase metabolic stress (most important in both Extreme and Occlusion Stretches).

Check the book for details. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks a lot air! i have just one more question, shouild i strech thigh ham and quad or just ham and quad, and gor back, strech both the upper and lats?

if i am cutting, 10 kcal per lbs in off days and 50 kcal per kg in training days would be a good start?

(12-10-2018, 05:22 PM)Bogdan Wrote: Thanks a lot air! i have just one more question, shouild i strech thigh ham and quad or just ham and quad, and gor back, strech both the upper and lats?

I can't really make out your question, but I can tell from the plethora of typos that you'd probably benefit greatly from reading the book more meticulously, in particular the section on stretching.

(FYI: "Thigh," in the context of exercise programming in FT, essentially refers to hams + quads + adductors + abductors + glutes)

-S
-Scott

Scott,

I have a home gym (yay!). Between family, work and work travel, I can most easily get in about 5 short(ish) workouts per week vs longer workouts.

Days 1 and 2 (basic plan, tier 1) take me the longest to complete. Are there downsides to moving the pump sets from Day 1 & 2 to separate days?

Day 1: Lower loading
Day 2: upper loading
Day 3: lower pump
Day 4: upper pump
(Or maybe combine day 3 & 4 for a full body pump day?)
Day 5: lower muscle rounds
Day 6: upper muscle rounds

I would rotate through the workouts about 5 days a week, maybe 2 on, 1 off, repeat.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated!

Storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am thinking about using the 3 day a week fortitude plan but would just like some feedback on "y'all's" experience with it. Bodybuilding is no longer a priority of mine but I still like to train and love the structure of FT. My training at present involves:
- Early morning Cardio 7 days a week.
- Yoga once a week.
- Resistance training 4 days a week.
- Also have recently started rock climbing/bouldering and intend on doing that once a week.

My only concern with FT (tier 1) in the past is that it completely drains me mentally and physically. Have any of you who have used the 3 day (family man) plan noticed a difference in energy levels vs traditional FT?

Just to clarify, I am by no means knocking the FT training system as I grew like a weed when using it!