Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(09-04-2020, 05:42 AM)Robbie Wrote: Hey Scott, with the family man 3rd day, what does Thigh(ham) mean?

Thigh training with a focus on hamstrings.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Would love some input on this if possible please. I'm starting fortitude this Monday, I train weekdays so my days of training was going to be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and workouts as in the order of the book 1,2,3,4. Starting at tier 1 and progressing forward if recovery is good. My question is as I'm unavailable to train weekends would I be better off doing the family man plan - Mon, weds, Fri as I have a day of rest between workouts or sticking to the 4 days a week and if recovery is difficult just staying at a lower tier. ? Any help would be greatly appreciated
(02-17-2024, 11:14 PM)Flexhanney101 Wrote: Would love some input on this if possible please. I'm starting fortitude this Monday, I train weekdays so my days of training was going to be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and workouts as in the order of the book 1,2,3,4. Starting at tier 1 and progressing forward if recovery is good. My question is as I'm unavailable to train weekends would I be better off doing the family man plan - Mon, weds, Fri as I have a day of rest between workouts or sticking to the 4 days a week and if recovery is difficult just staying at a lower tier. ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

You could simply start with 4x / week and see how it goes. If needed try the Family Man plan out. (Realize that it's a custom program the doesn't evenly balance the training load upper vs. Lower on day 3, so modify as you need to do so.) 

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Cheers scott! I have started with 4x a week only done tier 1 basic so far on tier 2 this week and still feeling good?
Hi Just a quick results testimonial. Retired Military, 25 years of gym experience, high mileage body. 

Started FT 5 weeks ago went through 3 tiers and 1 week of cruise then back into tier 1.  So far 20 lb increase on incline bench press. Somethings working for sure.
(02-29-2024, 04:22 AM)Jason E Wrote: Hi Just a quick results testimonial. Retired Military, 25 years of gym experience, high mileage body. 

Started FT 5 weeks ago went through 3 tiers and 1 week of cruise then back into tier 1.  So far 20 lb increase on incline bench press. Somethings working for sure.

Jason,

Great to hear, especially on a barbell press - notorious for being the toughest to move upwards (and quickest to drop off when dieting).

Keep kicking ass!

-Scott
-Scott

Anyone has any info on getting rid of golfers elbow It would be much appreciated.
I have been suffering for about 6 months with it now, took time off over Christmas and it didn't budge I've tried rolling it with a lacrosse ball stretches etc but don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Starting ft has helped me dodge exercises that cause me pain but being a builder I struggle to avoid causing pain to the area.
Thanks In advance
(03-06-2024, 05:59 AM)Flexhanney101 Wrote: Anyone has any info on getting rid of golfers elbow It would be much appreciated.
I have been suffering for about 6 months with it now, took time off over Christmas and it didn't budge I've tried rolling it with a lacrosse ball stretches etc but don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Starting ft has helped me dodge exercises that cause me pain but being a builder I struggle to avoid causing pain to the area.
Thanks In advance

Hey Man!

I would go see someone in your area.  You'll likely need a combination of strategies in place all at once, including avoiding things that irritate.

When you say you're a "builder" do you mean bodybuilder or that you work in construction (or something else)?...   If the latter, it might be a workman's comp issue where you could find an OT and get treatment via insurance... 

I'm an acupuncturist who is trained in Tui Na and have treated tennis elbow effectively so you might try to find someone in your area, with a similar skillset. (A PT or MT or other practitioner who does ART might also be able to help.)  www.acufinder.com is a place to start to find an acupuncturist, but word of mouth a/o calling up a dojo where martial arts are practices could be a way to find someone who could help, too.

-Scott
-Scott

Is it possible that embracing discomfort through unconventional training methods could lead to profound personal transformation beyond physical gains? What if the mental and emotional challenges faced during Fortitude Training are just as crucial to our overall growth as the training itself?",
"refusal