Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading sets
Scott,

Sorry this if has already been addressed but on the loading sets...if there are two sets listed, for instance, how are you structuring those? If I'm doing two sets of squats and I'm getting 405x10 on the first set, I rest for 2 min then do I take the same weight for a second set or go up? Also, how do warm ups play into this, and are the warm ups 2 min apart as well?

Thanks!
Tagg
(08-02-2014, 12:12 AM)Crashdoll Wrote: Scott,

Sorry this if has already been addressed but on the loading sets...if there are two sets listed, for instance, how are you structuring those? If I'm doing two sets of squats and I'm getting 405x10 on the first set, I rest for 2 min then do I take the same weight for a second set or go up? Also, how do warm ups play into this, and are the warm ups 2 min apart as well?

Thanks!
Tagg

Warm-up however you like.... Smile (No rest interval prescription there.)

Did you read p.87 in the book?... (You might be missing the zig-zag concept)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Got it, thanks Scott.
(08-02-2014, 12:46 AM)Crashdoll Wrote: Got it, thanks Scott.

LOL - That was too easy!

Don't forget to use that Hyperindex at the very end of the book. Gets you to stuff like this right quick. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
after two days of loading and a small sample size I couldn't imagine going UP in weight on that second set if you're zigzagging. All mine so far have dropped either weight reps or both.
If my reps are high enough in the range I keep the weight the same.

If I only got 6-8 reps I'd probably lower the weight a bit for the next set. How much would depend on what exercise.
(08-02-2014, 02:03 AM)dens228 Wrote: If my reps are high enough in the range I keep the weight the same.

If I only got 6-8 reps I'd probably lower the weight a bit for the next set. How much would depend on what exercise.

(08-02-2014, 01:08 AM)myologist77 Wrote: after two days of loading and a small sample size I couldn't imagine going UP in weight on that second set if you're zigzagging. All mine so far have dropped either weight reps or both.

You guys sound to be doing it right.

The nice thing here is that if you start with a weight that lands you at the top of the rep range such that you finish near the bottom of that range in later sets, you can move up simply by using a heavier weight on the first set, but go back to the lighter load for the next set as an option. When doing this, that lighter weight FEELS lighter, too.

[You can of course adjust all weights up if needed. As you guys said, it will depend on the person, the exercise (an the isation exercises, too).]
-Scott