Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pump Sets
Starting up my second blast. Tuning up the system a bit
Regarding the pump sets, last time through I just went to failure on the sets, this time I'm going to to the partials, 21's, holds, ect to extend it a bit.

My question is, on those parts that have more than one pump set would you use these techniques on each set or just the final set?
(09-03-2014, 09:12 PM)dens228 Wrote: Starting up my second blast. Tuning up the system a bit
Regarding the pump sets, last time through I just went to failure on the sets, this time I'm going to to the partials, 21's, holds, ect to extend it a bit.

My question is, on those parts that have more than one pump set would you use these techniques on each set or just the final set?

Depends on the person and how they're feeling that day. The pump set exercise selection and technique is an intuitive one, based on how an exercise feels and how beat up you are, as well as how you might be focusing your program on really targeting a particular muscle group.

If your back is weak, you have a hard time feeling it when training, and have decided to target it in a particular blast, you might do a pump set with 1 ½ reps and finish with a boatload of partials, each pump set you do.

Someone else might come in on a particular day, find her back has been destroyed from the previous workout and opt for pure isolation movement (supported rows, machine pullovers) with slow controlled reps that simply go (continuous reps) until the target muscle fails on a full rep. Nothing special, just get the pump in the targeted muscle, don't overdo it (you'll be hitting back again in a 2-3 days) and save the nervous system.

I'd not jump up both a tier and then systematically try to add in an extra umpf for all your pump sets all in the same blast each and every week. You do what you're saying in week 2 or 3 of a blast, see it (whichever particular technique or techniques you use for the diff. muscle groups) affects recovery (generally and for the different muscles) and then go from there...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks Scott. My Tiers are going to be the same as last blast......2, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3
SO really the increase would be the pump set intensity increase.

Well that and the weight used....lol
(09-04-2014, 08:14 AM)dens228 Wrote: Thanks Scott. My Tiers are going to be the same as last blast......2, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3
SO really the increase would be the pump set intensity increase.

Well that and the weight used....lol

NOW we're talking'!!!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.