Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did a trial run of FT this week
First, I went light. did Tier 1 basic. Workouts took about 50 minutes. 1st, it seems hard to do cardio when doing FT. Something my body would have to get used to. 2nd, I have to learn how to do pump sets on Major Muscle groups, I have a habit of pausing. My legs are very sore, even though I went light. Still a few things I need to tweak. I did go a little heavier on MR's though.
Well it sounds like you should stay on tier one for a while until your conditioning improves and your body adapts to the full body workouts. I say this bc most people I've seen do a week of tier one then jump up the tiers for no reason aside from thinking more = better.

Why do you want to do cardio might I ask? Typically full body workouts combined with high rep supersets really in and of itself is great cardio (compared to doing 1-2 muscle groups resting 1-3 min between sets).

Re: pausing during pump sets - I recommend going lighter than you did and don't focus so much on counting reps vs just reconnecting your mind muscle connection with each muscle group pumping the reps slow and steady like Scott's videos show. During pump sets I never go to full lockout on most things so there's constant tension. Back when I used to lock out reps like pressing exercises, it's harder (for me) not to pause here and there to gather my breath to keep going. Little things go a long way..

Post up a journal if you get a chance. It's a good way for guys like Scott to get some context from you when answering questions.
USMC 0311 Combat Veteran 1999-2003

Darkhorse0311 Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtvxY6A3lQ
(07-26-2015, 03:32 AM)Lando Wrote: First, I went light. did Tier 1 basic. Workouts took about 50 minutes. 1st, it seems hard to do cardio when doing FT. Something my body would have to get used to.

Why would you do cardio?

2nd, I have to learn how to do pump sets on Major Muscle groups, I have a habit of pausing. My legs are very sore, even though I went light. Still a few things I need to tweak. I did go a little heavier on MR's though.

[/quote]

By the bolded, do you mean you trained harder? ("Heavier" than what?)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(07-26-2015, 05:24 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Why would you do cardio?

2nd, I have to learn how to do pump sets on Major Muscle groups, I have a habit of pausing. My legs are very sore, even though I went light. Still a few things I need to tweak. I did go a little heavier on MR's though.

By the bolded, do you mean you trained harder? ("Heavier" than what?)

-S
[/quote]

I am finishing up dieting down. I have 2 weeks to go. I am just basically cruising for those 2 weeks, plus I am still coming off a surgery so I have to see where my lifts are number wise. I have only really done machines for the past 6 months. I also have to bring my right side strength up, where I had surgery on the shoulder. This is why I am only doing a trial for this 1st blast.

As far as heavier, I wanted to try to fail at the MR's so I went heavier. Like my BB squat for loading was only 185 pounds, while my MR on a smith was 195 pounds, having never done a smith squat in 5 or 6 years.

(07-26-2015, 04:22 AM)Darkhorse0311 Wrote: Well it sounds like you should stay on tier one for a while until your conditioning improves and your body adapts to the full body workouts. I say this bc most people I've seen do a week of tier one then jump up the tiers for no reason aside from thinking more = better.

Why do you want to do cardio might I ask? Typically full body workouts combined with high rep supersets really in and of itself is great cardio (compared to doing 1-2 muscle groups resting 1-3 min between sets).

Re: pausing during pump sets - I recommend going lighter than you did and don't focus so much on counting reps vs just reconnecting your mind muscle connection with each muscle group pumping the reps slow and steady like Scott's videos show. During pump sets I never go to full lockout on most things so there's constant tension. Back when I used to lock out reps like pressing exercises, it's harder (for me) not to pause here and there to gather my breath to keep going. Little things go a long way..

Post up a journal if you get a chance. It's a good way for guys like Scott to get some context from you when answering questions.

I plan on staying on tier 1 for the next 6 months at least.
(07-26-2015, 07:50 AM)Lando Wrote: I am finishing up dieting down. I have 2 weeks to go. I am just basically cruising for those 2 weeks, plus I am still coming off a surgery so I have to see where my lifts are number wise. I have only really done machines for the past 6 months. I also have to bring my right side strength up, where I had surgery on the shoulder. This is why I am only doing a trial for this 1st blast.

As far as heavier, I wanted to try to fail at the MR's so I went heavier. Like my BB squat for loading was only 185 pounds, while my MR on a smith was 195 pounds, having never done a smith squat in 5 or 6 years.

OK, so you're just kind of screwing around with things, it sounds like. That's cool.

Be careful with that shoulder! Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(07-27-2015, 01:11 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: OK, so you're just kind of screwing around with things, it sounds like. That's cool.

Be careful with that shoulder! Smile

-S

Somewhat. No program will be 100% effective until my shoulder heals close to 100%. But I need a program I like, to continue to train, if that makes sense.. I know I won't be able to train all out on shoulder or chest exercises. But legs, back, and arms I can train all out.