Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching up days 1 and 2
Today I did day two and it was the first time using FT that I didn't have a day off in between days 1 and 2, mainly because they're whole body workouts and I figured I needed the rest day in there.

After today's workout I think I may have been missing a nice twist. I was a little tight today from yesterdays workout, as I usually am but once I got rolling I felt great. And once I got to the pump sets for yesterdays loading bodyparts the pump felt incredible and I felt great after the workout.

Next week I'm going to do day 2 first and day 1 the second day, schedule permitting to see how this pans out.

So this way I can do a feeder workout after the loading workout.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to dens228 for this post:
  • Altamir, Scott Stevenson, scousedave
I run day 1 and day 2 back to back, and I like it for this reason (among others). I sort of look at like a pre-fatigue for my upper body, so when the next day rolls around, my bad shoulder is taken out a little bit, for my upper loading sets. Smile It's very difficult at times doing both days back to back, but I think there are merits to it. And again, one of the great things about FT is how you shuffle the days around, or what days you put back to back can REALLY have a large impact on how the program goes for you!

Glad it worked for you man!
I on occasion do 1 and 2 back to back due to schedules and I do like working the soreness out of my legs in those pump sets. I think it's great to mix it up and keep the body on its toes!
I think, especially if following the Basic Version, that training Day 1 and 2 without a rest day can create a nice pattern of deep training stress early in the training week that results in being quite fresh, especially for the last training day of the week (Day 4, or Day 3 if you're switching order as Dens is).

In other words, the second day of Muscle Rounds for that week comes after ~4 days of rest (for those muscle groups) meaning that they have gotten preferential treatment in terms of the week's recovery time before that workout. If nothing more, there's a psychological effect here b/c the previous time they were trained happened just a day after the previous workout workout. (It's like a mini-cruise during each week, favoring those muscle groups.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-12-2016, 12:34 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I think, especially if following the Basic Version, that training Day 1 and 2 without a rest day can create a nice pattern of deep training stress early in the training week that results in being quite fresh, especially for the last training day of the week (Day 4, or Day 3 if you're switching order as Dens is).

In other words, the second day of Muscle Rounds for that week comes after ~4 days of rest (for those muscle groups) meaning that they have gotten preferential treatment in terms of the week's recovery time before that workout. If nothing more, there's a psychological effect here b/c the previous time they were trained happened just a day after the previous workout workout. (It's like a mini-cruise during each week, favoring those muscle groups.)

-S

I've noticed this myself (thought could not put it so eloquently). I do Day 1 and Day 2 back to back in the mornings. After Day 2 (especially on Tier 3) I'm wrecked. A few times I've questioned hitting Day 3 at the tier I am at.

I train Day 3 and 4 Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. It's almost like having 2 days of rest between Day 2 and Day 3, and almost always I'm feeling fairly fresh by Day 3, and completely fresh by day 4 (almost like 5 days of rest) . That works well for me as my upper body needs more work than my lower. It's not a pattern I picked on purpose. But it thankfully worked out that way. Smile