Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diet ?
(03-24-2017, 05:42 AM)Stewilliams Wrote: Sorry reposted as realised my paragraph joined the quote.

There are going to be numerous variables which dictate how much protein you should consume. If you are "bulking" and feel it difficult to get all the food in then you would likely benefit from reducing protein slightly (if you are consuming as much as you say), and then increasing carbohydrates instead to help with getting food down. I personally consume 350g of protein a day at 200lb of bodyweight because I like the satiety from it, but if I was not enjoying eating that amount while in a surplus then I would pull 50-75g of protein and replace with 50-75g of carbohydrates. Also if high amounts of protein negatively impact your digestion then you may benefit from lowering protein. Higher protein intakes may increase caloric expenditure due to amino acids being converted into glucose via gluconeogenesis which is a process that requires energy. Although the relevance of this extra energy expenditure is probably minimal. With your weight not increasing you could pull or reduce cardio, or if you are set against it then increase food? Like was stated above, your legs may appear fuller and recover more efficiently from sessions with less cardio. With regards to which days you should increase calories (I'm assuming you won't be reducing cardio), I would personally look at where I feel hungriest and add calories there. If there is no particular meal you want to add calories to then I would add further carbs to my postworkout meal(s).

I will drop protein down and up carbs. I already jumped calories up from 4500 to 5000. I will also drop cardio down to 4 day and see where it goes. I will probably drop it all together in time I just came off a cut.Not long ago and was trying to reverse back. I was up to 220 and weight stalled out with gains not to long ago. So I figured I would cut up and get some cardio vascular back. My fasted glucose was getting close to 100. Got back into the upper 70s now feeling primed and ready to grow.
Thank u for ur input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes after looking at it. It definitely seems that most of it came out different than the way I was thinking it did. My bad man. I was thinking of some who somehow puts on 50+ pounds in 5 years.
I do have the book. I'll follow the macros lined out and stop over complicating things.

[/quote]

No problem, man. Please ask questions if you have them. Maybe a quick proof-reading would help., though.

I'd not simply switch entirely to what's in the book, but simply modify (as Stewilliams is suggesting).

(03-24-2017, 05:42 AM)Stewilliams Wrote: Sorry reposted as realised my paragraph joined the quote.

There are going to be numerous variables which dictate how much protein you should consume. If you are "bulking" and feel it difficult to get all the food in then you would likely benefit from reducing protein slightly (if you are consuming as much as you say), and then increasing carbohydrates instead to help with getting food down. I personally consume 350g of protein a day at 200lb of bodyweight because I like the satiety from it, but if I was not enjoying eating that amount while in a surplus then I would pull 50-75g of protein and replace with 50-75g of carbohydrates. Also if high amounts of protein negatively impact your digestion then you may benefit from lowering protein. Higher protein intakes may increase caloric expenditure due to amino acids being converted into glucose via gluconeogenesis which is a process that requires energy. Although the relevance of this extra energy expenditure is probably minimal. With your weight not increasing you could pull or reduce cardio, or if you are set against it then increase food? Like was stated above, your legs may appear fuller and recover more efficiently from sessions with less cardio. With regards to which days you should increase calories (I'm assuming you won't be reducing cardio), I would personally look at where I feel hungriest and add calories there. If there is no particular meal you want to add calories to then I would add further carbs to my postworkout meal(s).

(03-24-2017, 07:47 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: I will drop protein down and up carbs. I already jumped calories up from 4500 to 5000. I will also drop cardio down to 4 day and see where it goes. I will probably drop it all together in time I just came off a cut.Not long ago and was trying to reverse back. I was up to 220 and weight stalled out with gains not to long ago. So I figured I would cut up and get some cardio vascular back. My fasted glucose was getting close to 100. Got back into the upper 70s now feeling primed and ready to grow.
Thank u for ur input.

OK, so Stewilliams gave you a good bit of info. to chew on.

For the sake of learning, I would first just change ONE thing at a time, at least for a week or two (e.g., for digestions) .

Since you just increased your kcal (just today, I guess) , I'd give that at least SOME time to have an effect before changing anything else, unless you're certain it's a bad move.

You have an opportunity here to get a handle on what works best for you by simply making a single change, so I'd do that.

So far your possibilities seem to be:

• Adjust cardio.
• Adjust food, based on appetite
--This could mean on non-training days or training days.
• Adjust protein to test the theories that you've heard from other guys.
--This might help with digestion

Once you've picked one of these, they you can focus exactly on what change to make (how much to reduce cardio, how much to reduce protein, which day to add food, what food to add, etc.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks Scott!!

Adidas NMD R2
Air Max
Nike Air Max 270 Men
NMD
Asics Shoes
Nike Outlet Store Online
Fila Sandals
Adidas Original
Cheap Yeezys
Air Max 95