Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(08-05-2016, 08:38 AM)B_Forge Wrote: Day off in between 1 and 2. All I did was a about 60 mins of walking outside and some ab work that day so nothing crazy. I will see how I'm feeling tomorrow and day after, and if I still feel like I'm not recovering should I add some carbs into the periwirkour window?

If you're trying to lose body fat, I would lay off the cardio (replace the LISS with dog walks) and adjust your diet down a roughly equivalent amount of kcal (leaving peri- / post-workout nutrition intact for now).

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(08-05-2016, 10:22 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: If you're trying to lose body fat, I would lay off the cardio (replace the LISS with dog walks) and adjust your diet down a roughly equivalent amount of kcal (leaving peri- / post-workout nutrition intact for now).

-S

Ok so I'm estimating I would be burning around 500 kcals during the LISS. So decrease kcal by about 1000/week, then on off days just go for walks outside, not at any specific HR or anything, for the same length of time?
(08-05-2016, 12:01 PM)B_Forge Wrote: Ok so I'm estimating I would be burning around 500 kcals during the LISS. So decrease kcal by about 1000/week, then on off days just go for walks outside, not at any specific HR or anything, for the same length of time?

Yes, pretty much, except that you mentioned walking your dog. If that's a "unit" of activity in your world (and your dog digs it), then I'd keep with that.

(Im assuming the dog walks aren't nearly as much activity as what your LISS was.)

The main idea here would be to remove formal cardio to help with recovery and rely upon diet more so to facilitate fat loss.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(08-05-2016, 11:02 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Yes, pretty much, except that you mentioned walking your dog. If that's a "unit" of activity in your world (and your dog digs it), then I'd keep with that.

(Im assuming the dog walks aren't nearly as much activity as what your LISS was.)

The main idea here would be to remove formal cardio to help with recovery and rely upon diet more so to facilitate fat loss.

-S

Gotcha. IL sometimes go on a walk by self outside as well, but I've tracked my HR during that it and it's like 70 to 80 bpms. Not very intense and I have a low resting HR. With or without the dog these usually last 40 mins to an hour. I find it really helps to relieve stress from school so I'd like to keep that activity in.

Just FYI legs feel good today. Ready to crush some MR'S
(08-05-2016, 11:23 PM)B_Forge Wrote: Gotcha. IL sometimes go on a walk by self outside as well, but I've tracked my HR during that it and it's like 70 to 80 bpms. Not very intense and I have a low resting HR. With or without the dog these usually last 40 mins to an hour. I find it really helps to relieve stress from school so I'd like to keep that activity in.

Just FYI legs feel good today. Ready to crush some MR'S

I think that's perfect. Stress relief is paramount (esp. in school).

EARN IT Today!!!

-S
-Scott

why i cant post something in other parts of the forum? This confuses me alot Big Grin
(08-25-2016, 11:39 PM)sr95 Wrote: why i cant post something in other parts of the forum? This confuses me alot Big Grin

Mainly to keep trolls and spam of most of the board, I've set it up that only "subscribers" have full access. You can get this via:

$0.10 / day (Dime a Day) or $3 / month

or

Pick up Fortitude Training the E-book and message me here with your transaction ID. That gives you "permanent" subscriber status.

Most of the board is really about FT right now, but it's also access to Q and A by me, so this just keep it high quality and sane.

Sorry for your confusion. Sad

-S

-Scott

Buy the book!!!!! Best $20 I've ever spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i already have the book
im looking for the transaction id and will send it to you, Scott Smile
(08-26-2016, 06:25 PM)sr95 Wrote: i already have the book
im looking for the transaction id and will send it to you, Scott Smile

You should up n' rolling now!

-S
-Scott