Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(03-27-2017, 01:08 AM)Altamir Wrote: Haha. I was shying away from replying as not to clutter this thread up, but feel a bit obligated now Wink Scott hit the nail on the head.

I have gained SO much knowledge from Scott (Who is truly "THE MAN"). Not only information he has plainly given out, but also in the way he has constructed his program and his philosophy of teaching. I feel very grateful to be able to be able to share what knowledge I have, share my passion with like minded people, and hopefully give back in a small way to both the community and Scott personally for what has been given to me.

Thank you all for the compliments. I am sincerely humbled and glad to be of any help. Smile Back to your usually scheduled FT Question thread Wink

I say we start an "Altamir Daily Post Appreciation thread" as a Sticky in the FT forum..

Great to have you here, man. (And thank you for the kind words. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-21-2017, 11:37 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Great perspective!

As far as loading the middle head of the delts, one thing you can on your overhead pressing is to generally do these with the focus on pressing more to the rear vs. to the front.

So, if you can, behind the neck pressing vs. overhead front presses.
Reverse hammer strength presses (on the OH press machine) vs. the normal way.

And, this exercise is a winner. Smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLL7Qh1jQu2/...e_training

Check the comments in that link for who to do the exercise, but here's the gist (I did these as a pump sets in that vid).

"I'm sitting backwards on the bench, set all the way upright. (I'm blocking it mostly, but you can see it below my ears to the side of my neck.) You use the bench to keep a constant distance between your head / torso from the bench and NOT lean back. Doing them this way forces you to retract the shoulder girdle and calls the middle head of the delt in a great deal more. This drops the weight down most can yes by >50% compared to a typical OH press where the upper back is arched and the focus is on the anterior deltoids. If you decided to try these, you'll see that they feel very different than a DB OH press when leaning back on the bench. I'd suggest stretching out your pec beforehand. For those with shoulder issues, this may expose them, so be careful, for sure and START REALLY light. A set of 30+ reps with just the 10's, if you stay completely upright (and not lean back) feels AWESOME. Smile"

-S

I tried this exercise today Scott and couldn't even manage 30 reps with the 10's. I was well and truely humbled and my shoulders were completely torched afterwards! Will be using this quite frequently for pump sets.

I'm going to switch my program today. 3 weeks at tier 2 turbo. I feel like my upper needs more and lower could do less. I'm thinking of doing upper tier 3 and lower tier 2 basic. Dropped cardio of for the most part. Maybe do 3 days a week only 20 minutes if I feel fresh.

The diet part is a struggle for me. Fats are much higher than I have ever gone. And protein is way lower. I know Scott know what works for lean gains. Now I just need to walk on water and trust his program.

I'm going to move to carb first meal beings I train at night. ( I usually use zero trying to burn a little extra fat in the morning) Then keep them out until 3 hrs before I train ( only 50 grams). Slam down 270 carbs pre/inta/post around 270g. Fats I'll keep around 125g. All in 4 meals for the most part. ( I eat 6 solid meals and two shakes. Pre/ Intra. And my night casin) so 4500/ 500 c/ 125 f/ 340 p. Body weight at 209 today.

Any comments are appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-28-2017, 12:32 AM)Stewilliams Wrote: I tried this exercise today Scott and couldn't even manage 30 reps with the 10's. I was well and truely humbled and my shoulders were completely torched afterwards! Will be using this quite frequently for pump sets.

That one's a beauty, eh?... Its really nice, too, in that b/c the weight are so low you can pretty much guaranteed on getting the pair you want and a massive warm-up isn't needed. Smile

Glad you liked it!

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-28-2017, 04:42 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: I'm going to switch my program today. 3 weeks at tier 2 turbo. I feel like my upper needs more and lower could do less. I'm thinking of doing upper tier 3 and lower tier 2 basic. Dropped cardio of for the most part. Maybe do 3 days a week only 20 minutes if I feel fresh.

I'd not minimized the utility of your log book. You're smart to key in on how you feel (keeping in mind that the pump sets and TYPE OF STRETCH can be used to adjust the stress overall), but if you're making progress with the log book (and in the mirror), I'd not adjust too much.

Quote:The diet part is a struggle for me. Fats are much higher than I have ever gone. And protein is way lower. I know Scott know what works for lean gains. Now I just need to walk on water and trust his program.

Is the struggle in your mind (can't wrap your head around it / seems strange), actually setting up the diet (food selection) and/or eating the food?

Quote:I'm going to move to carb first meal beings I train at night. ( I usually use zero trying to burn a little extra fat in the morning) Then keep them out until 3 hrs before I train ( only 50 grams). Slam down 270 carbs pre/inta/post around 270g. Fats I'll keep around 125g. All in 4 meals for the most part. ( I eat 6 solid meals and two shakes. Pre/ Intra. And my night casin) so 4500/ 500 c/ 125 f/ 340 p. Body weight at 209 today.

Any comments are appreciated

I think i mentioned this before, but if you are changing number of things at once, it'll be tough to figure out what's affecting what.

(That way of describing your diet is hard to follow, if you're looking for feedback. Simply writing it out meal by meal is much more intelligible, IMO. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Hello

I have a question regarding the loading sets on thier III. Maybe this question is already posted but ive looked into some thread/pages and search and can't find it.

In Thier III you do 4 Load sets for back(example)
You zig zag the exercises and you have 3 straight set failure points OR a DC set with 3failure points.

I give an example below and hope this is correct(my perception of the book and logs)

Exercise :
1 Trap bar block pull ( 11reps Not to failure because of lower back risk)1rep in the tank no form failure or rounding
2Wide grip lat pulldown (8reps to failure)
3Vbar row to failure
4decline cable pullover 1rep in the tank at 8reps(because of last 2reps pausing at hold to long) (15sec rest) 4reps to failure

also ok ?
Chest :
low incline db press : 8reps no failure because damaging floor.
cable fly: 11reps to failure (15sec rest) 4reps to failure (15sec rest) 4reps to failure

thx
(03-29-2017, 01:26 AM)Dx2 Wrote: Hello

I have a question regarding the loading sets on thier III. Maybe this question is already posted but ive looked into some thread/pages and search and can't find it.

In Thier III you do 4 Load sets for back(example)
You zig zag the exercises and you have 3 straight set failure points OR a DC set with 3failure points.

I give an example below and hope this is correct(my perception of the book and logs)

Exercise :
1 Trap bar block pull ( 11reps Not to failure because of lower back risk)1rep in the tank no form failure or rounding
2Wide grip lat pulldown (8reps to failure)
3Vbar row to failure
4decline cable pullover 1rep in the tank at 8reps(because of last 2reps pausing at hold to long) (15sec rest) 4reps to failure

also ok ?
Chest :
low incline db press : 8reps no failure because damaging floor.
cable fly: 11reps to failure (15sec rest) 4reps to failure (15sec rest) 4reps to failure

thx

Hey DX, check out pages 89 and 90 in the book. This will help.

So for back tier 3, your doing 2 exercises, 1 for thickness, 1 for width.
zig zag: BO row, pull ups, BO row, pull ups. Shoot for failure on your second sets.

For chest tier 3, your doing 2 exercises, 1 compound, 1 isolation.
zig zag: smith incline, DB fly (fail safely), smith incline (fail), DB fly (fail safely).

(03-29-2017, 01:57 AM)732mikee Wrote: Hey DX, check out pages 89 and 90 in the book. This will help.

So for back tier 3, your doing 2 exercises, 1 for thickness, 1 for width.
zig zag: BO row, pull ups, BO row, pull ups. Shoot for failure on your second sets.

For chest tier 3, your doing 2 exercises, 1 compound, 1 isolation.
zig zag: smith incline, DB fly (fail safely), smith incline (fail), DB fly (fail safely).

Thx for the reply

I was a bit confused because the note sheets''logs'' speak of a DC style RP set with 3failure points.

So its always straight sets to failure

except adducts (these are done RP style)?
(03-28-2017, 11:15 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I'd not minimized the utility of your log book. You're smart to key in on how you feel (keeping in mind that the pump sets and TYPE OF STRETCH can be used to adjust the stress overall), but if you're making progress with the log book (and in the mirror), I'd not adjust too much.

Is the struggle in your mind (can't wrap your head around it / seems strange), actually setting up the diet (food selection) and/or eating the food?

I think i mentioned this before, but if you are changing number of things at once, it'll be tough to figure out what's affecting what.

(That way of describing your diet is hard to follow, if you're looking for feedback. Simply writing it out meal by meal is much more intelligible, IMO. Smile )

-S

Just the mentality of not eating carbs all day to grow. Having so much fat and staying lean. I guess u could say I fall into the old school of thought. After studying a good amount and trying to suck in all yours /johns/ and a few podcasts that are somewhat on the same page as you. I'm more convinced that switching is going to be a good move! I'm already liking the ability eat on training days and not be so dam full from stuffing my face all week( feeling how metabolic flex work) . I can't say enough how much I'm loving the training. It's like I got a spark back that died off a bit from doing every training program that was just another twist on the old 3 day split.

I have a lot of respect for how much You give to people without wanting ur palms greased. I have spent a hell of a lot more $ for training and advice only getting something I already have Heard or seen already.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-29-2017, 02:35 AM)Dx2 Wrote: Thx for the reply

I was a bit confused because the note sheets''logs'' speak of a DC style RP set with 3failure points.

So its always straight sets to failure

except adducts (these are done RP style)?

Your on the track. Loading sets (outside of adducts) are straight sets, done in a continuous style, only the final compound set, and ALL isolation sets are taken to failure. See pages 87 and 88

Adducts are done RP style, how many RP sets you do depends on which tier you are doing. The footnote (aka section sign / §)you are talking about is only after Adducts. No other set. Hope this helps! Smile