Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(03-31-2017, 04:45 AM)Dx2 Wrote: I have another maybe ''stupid'' question about warm up for tier 1 lower load upper pump .

So today i did this :

Warm up for Pit shark belt squat:
pit shark belt squat to failure at 14reps weight was too light

somersault squats : warm up then 11reps to failure

GHR , warmup en then ghr to failure

But i think its suppose to be

belt squat warm ups
Somersault squats warm ups
ghr warm ups

after all warm ups for the 3exercises

1working set to failure pit shark belt squat
Rest
1working set to failure Somersault squats
rest
1working sets to failure GHR.

With previous routines for same muscle group (legs) i always did after the first exercise one FEEL set .(set if 5reps to feel how much i can do en adjust the weight)

Love this system but its completely new for my since i am a fetishist for graphics and numbers and %'es
So my previous routines i always worked with a volume/intensity taper since ive noticed as a natural lifter the numbers(weight) needs to go up to see results.

Ps: I also have problems with keeping track of how many reps i did for a certain set.

With muscle rounds i tend to loose track on what set i was, and with pumps sets the same dunno if i did 20 reps or 30 Blush

You are correct in that you are supposed to warm everything up first and then go from one to the other. As far as being sort of a nerd for percentages, I'm there with you. I did 5/3/1 for like a year and it fed my spreadsheet obsession. I think you can still do feeler sets. I wouldn't do 5's but a single or double is should be able to tell you. As you are warming up should be have a pretty good idea how the bar is moving and how you are feeling if things are going to go well or not (It's not perfect, but it's usually trustworthy).

I'm going to go a touch of a side tangent here, but it's a on point to the topic. I think the beauty of FT is that it is constructed in a way to teach you how to autoregulate your own training. If you keep a log book, pay attention to what is going on and how you are feeling. That plus the program gives you the tools to modify your training. Feeling beat up? Drop a tier, feeling awesome, jump a tier. Somewhere's in the middle? Hold steady. Shoulder hurts from pressing? Do isolation pump sets and MRs. Need to recover your hamstrings? Do an easier pump set (still to failure), instead of a burn the gym down screaming sweating bleeding pump set. Adjust your stretching, etc etc. I guess the point of this tangent is to sort of say. Maybe it's a good thing to break out of your percentage mindset and try a more "organic" method. Smile It's personally taught me a lot about what I can and cannot handle. And both were surprising and changed some preconceived notions.

As far as losing count on MRs and pump sets. Don't sweat the pump sets. Just make sure you're giving 100% and keeping things moving. There are plenty of times (lower pump sets I'm looking at you!) I completely forget everything for a time, much less how many reps I did. It's a pretty cool thing I think Wink MRs I think will come with time. After 2 years, I still muck them up now and again. end up doing 5 reps, do 7 clusters, only do 5 clusters, etc etc. It happens. Try and stay focused and keep it intense, the pieces should fall into place. I do know of one person who really struggled and ended up carrying a "clicker" with them to count the MRs. I am sure you could do something similar with a phone.

Anyway, hope this helps Smile Best of luck!
(03-31-2017, 05:29 AM)Altamir Wrote: You are correct in that you are supposed to warm everything up first and then go from one to the other. As far as being sort of a nerd for percentages, I'm there with you. I did 5/3/1 for like a year and it fed my spreadsheet obsession. I think you can still do feeler sets. I wouldn't do 5's but a single or double is should be able to tell you. As you are warming up should be have a pretty good idea how the bar is moving and how you are feeling if things are going to go well or not (It's not perfect, but it's usually trustworthy).

I'm going to go a touch of a side tangent here, but it's a on point to the topic. I think the beauty of FT is that it is constructed in a way to teach you how to autoregulate your own training. If you keep a log book, pay attention to what is going on and how you are feeling. That plus the program gives you the tools to modify your training. Feeling beat up? Drop a tier, feeling awesome, jump a tier. Somewhere's in the middle? Hold steady. Shoulder hurts from pressing? Do isolation pump sets and MRs. Need to recover your hamstrings? Do an easier pump set (still to failure), instead of a burn the gym down screaming sweating bleeding pump set. Adjust your stretching, etc etc. I guess the point of this tangent is to sort of say. Maybe it's a good thing to break out of your percentage mindset and try a more "organic" method. Smile It's personally taught me a lot about what I can and cannot handle. And both were surprising and changed some preconceived notions.

As far as losing count on MRs and pump sets. Don't sweat the pump sets. Just make sure you're giving 100% and keeping things moving. There are plenty of times (lower pump sets I'm looking at you!) I completely forget everything for a time, much less how many reps I did. It's a pretty cool thing I think Wink MRs I think will come with time. After 2 years, I still muck them up now and again. end up doing 5 reps, do 7 clusters, only do 5 clusters, etc etc. It happens. Try and stay focused and keep it intense, the pieces should fall into place. I do know of one person who really struggled and ended up carrying a "clicker" with them to count the MRs. I am sure you could do something similar with a phone.

Anyway, hope this helps Smile Best of luck!

Thx , this helps out alot!

With this system its also getting use to the new rep tempo . I always did some sort of rest on the last difficult reps. hold it at lock out and stuff will stay at tier 1 as long as possible since the last years of training everything was ANTI failure and volume volume and more volume without good enough results .

PS don't mind the bad english, im from europe and hardly ever write english.
(03-31-2017, 05:43 AM)Dx2 Wrote: Thx , this helps out alot!

With this system its also getting use to the new rep tempo . I always did some sort of rest on the last difficult reps. hold it at lock out and stuff will stay at tier 1 as long as possible since the last years of training everything was ANTI failure and volume volume and more volume without good enough results .

PS don't mind the bad english, im from europe and hardly ever write english.

Your English is just fine, no worries! It's defiantly a stylistic change for a lot of folks. I think once you get past the initial learning phase you'll get into a great rhythm and all of this will feel second nature!
(03-31-2017, 12:34 AM)Stewilliams Wrote: So after earlier posting about potentially using a tier 3 for shoulders and training on tier 2 for everything else, I have been well and truly smashed and am only half way through week 3 of first blast. Next blast I will begin with volume tier 1! This week I have performed my 2 loading days which are on Monday and Tuesday which is likely not ideal. I am using the turbo version and unable to train Wednesdays or Sundays, so felt it better to place loading days next to each other, rather than muscle round days. With Monday and Tuesday sessions already done, would the best way to cruise to be to miss the other two sessions this week meaning I have Weds-Sun off training and then start next blast Monday? My plan was to cruise next week by performing tier 1 muscle round sessions on Mon and Thurs, but am having to cruise early.

You would probably be better of using the Basic Version, doing MR's on Monday and Tuesday, and then Loading / Pump sets o Thurs / Sat.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-31-2017, 01:41 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: Getting in just over 300 carbs and 1900 calories in pre/intra/post with a solid meal was kind of a stretch. Especially in my guts[emoji6]. I had one 50 gram carb meal 3 hrs before the gym.

I'm thinking I might have to have another one 2 hours before. so @ 1200 50g. 50g @ 200. Then go into preworkout @ 5. Will this be ok or should I just stick forcing it down in one big meal as far as gains go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Bud,

I really can't say at all. You'll need to post your diet, meal by meal to work any of this out. (The quality of your answer will depend upon the quality of your question and input. Smile )

I also don't know how big you are, so if you could provide some stats and/or pics, that would be helpful.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-31-2017, 05:29 AM)Altamir Wrote: You are correct in that you are supposed to warm everything up first and then go from one to the other.

So yesterday i did upper load and lower pump TIER 1 after a couple days of bad sleep ( i always sleep bad first cycles of high intensity workouts)

Seated cable warm up
wide grip neutral pulldown warm up

then workset
seated cable row 9reps to failure
90sec rest
lat pulldown to failure

Lat stretch pullover positition with db

Decline swiss bar bench press:
warm up
failure at 8reps
pec stretch with fly position

seated smith oh press
9reps to failure
schoulder stretch

Then the pump sets :
Warmup on belt squats (quad emphasis)
warmup on cable VMO' ext
warmup on seated calves.

Then i did like supposed in the book a circuit fashion or giant set so without rest PAGE 93.
23reps to fail on belt squats
cable vmo ext 48reps
seated calves 40reps
then i did the stretches for quads and calves.
but i'm a bit confused that there seems to be no rest between these 3exercises so my legs where shaking so hard that i need to concentrate to really feel the calves work while my legs where shaking like pudding.

Or is it supposed to be : belt squats ==> stretch , then without rest after the stretch vmo ext ==> stretch and then calves ==>stretch on tier 1

and on tier 2 you do the stretches after completing the 2 circuits or giant sets. ( belt squats, extensions, calves) rest (belt squats,extensions,calves) =>stretch
(04-01-2017, 11:28 PM)Dx2 Wrote: but i'm a bit confused that there seems to be no rest between these 3exercises so my legs where shaking so hard that i need to concentrate to really feel the calves work while my legs where shaking like pudding.

You did this correctly, although your reps were a bit high.

Quote:Or is it supposed to be : belt squats ==> stretch , then without rest after the stretch vmo ext ==> stretch and then calves ==>stretch on tier 1

and on tier 2 you do the stretches after completing the 2 circuits or giant sets. ( belt squats, extensions, calves) rest (belt squats,extensions,calves) =>stretch

Stretch after completing all of the exercises and you're done with the Superset(s). Smile

(You'll see on Day 1 that you'd do your supersets (for example Tier II, Chest/Back) and then stretch for those muscle groups before moving to the next supersetted muscle groups (Shoulders / Abs), after which you'd stretch, etc.

Smile

-S
-Scott

(04-02-2017, 12:04 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You did this correctly, although your reps were a bit high.

Thx for responding

, i agree they where a bit high but i had some annoying feeling just arround the knee cap because of manual labor working on me knees for some time at a though to reach place
. Normally i would respect the rep range 15-25
But i decided to do very high reps and pumping as much as possible , high reps with resistance bands first 18reps full , then half reps , then quarters in het hole with the belt squats , then with the vmo ext full reps and partials

After the workout my knees felt great Smile
Also today its completely gone , feel like new

(03-31-2017, 11:26 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Bud,

I really can't say at all. You'll need to post your diet, meal by meal to work any of this out. (The quality of your answer will depend upon the quality of your question and input. Smile )

I also don't know how big you are, so if you could provide some stats and/or pics, that would be helpful.

-S

Ok hopefully I'm clogging up this thread. If it's to much remove it.
5' 9" 209 around 9%. U will be a better judge of that
[Image: 78f1e4e2625334d7b182904be65a378b.jpg][Image: 7b1f5faf4a4136fcdb71d6daa6c8a46b.jpg]

Non training days. Around 3500 k. breakfast Is two meals.
[Image: 81dc7d9f1852dd90ccfeacce09be7ec0.jpg][Image: 2247e80d6de82f6cd4019078dd7397d6.jpg][Image: 1e33caa402ea732738ebaccf98af941d.jpg]

Training days

[Image: 07412e7331a707483de3acbae905d339.jpg][Image: 71e16924d6bbfb276c0515ccf616e4d9.jpg][Image: 4aaf3fc18ce9a1e963fda0363bcdeda9.jpg]
[Image: 4e56b2b456fe4ad8f4657a0ec064fd71.jpg]
Post is cut into two pictures

My goal is to hit 225-230 (235+ if I need to fatten up) by next January then cut down for a show end of April next year. Not sure if I should keep going with small gains or get after it. Cutting off more fat in the end. Is this not a realistic goal coming up on 42. I have been training my hole life. I made it up to 265 but I was power lifter build. I was up to 217 end December @ 11-12%. I can get there rather quick then I start to stall. Been going up 1-2# a week so far this bulk.

Thanks brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-02-2017, 01:49 PM)Powerof2 Wrote: Ok hopefully I'm clogging up this thread. If it's to much remove it.
5' 9" 209 around 9%. U will be a better judge of that
[Image: 78f1e4e2625334d7b182904be65a378b.jpg][Image: 7b1f5faf4a4136fcdb71d6daa6c8a46b.jpg]

Non training days. Around 3500 k. breakfast Is two meals.
<SNIP>

Training days

<SNIP>
Post is cut into two pictures

My goal is to hit 225-230 (235+ if I need to fatten up) by next January then cut down for a show end of April next year. Not sure if I should keep going with small gains or get after it. Cutting off more fat in the end. Is this not a realistic goal coming up on 42. I have been training my hole life. I made it up to 265 but I was power lifter build. I was up to 217 end December @ 11-12%. I can get there rather quick then I start to stall. Been going up 1-2# a week so far this bulk.
Thanks brother!

OK, so we're getting closer. The images of your dietary recall don't help a ton - far too much information.

What Im looking for is not what you ate (far too much info.), but rather your dietary plan. E.g.,

Training Days
Meal 1: XXX Kcal / XX Protein / XX Carbs / XX Fat
Meal 2: XXX Kcal / XX Protein / XX Carbs / XX Fat
Meal 3: XXX Kcal / XX Protein / XX Carbs / XX Fat
Intra Workout:...
Etc.

NOn-Trainign Days
Outlined as above.
----------

As an older guy, resiliency can be an issue and you'll want to pay close attention to your health. I think you've got a decent rate of gains and I'd put that goal in mind as a possibility (makes sense given you've been higher than that in the past), which probably means you've had the amount of muscle you're looking to hold, but also keep your health in mind.

I'd probably NOT go hog wild with trying to make gains, esp. if you're protein to hypertension (BP) and polycythemia (High hematocrit) issues. Slower but at a decent pace, with health in mind is what I would do if I were you.

-S

P.S. Yes, I'd say from those pics you're likely around 9% or so. Nice job!!!
-Scott