Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(05-31-2017, 01:43 AM)StrongAsABull619 Wrote: Kinda what I was thinking. Tried them today as MR and they are KILLER! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT'S for sure!!!! Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Think one of the most brutal Lower MR setups for Thighs is 1. smith squats 2. Smith lunges (unilateral, 4 one leg, 4 the other, and so on). Did that last week and thought 'that's the only time I've ever felt my leg day could be over after 2 sets!'

For sheer pain leg press 5s in the hole takes some beating though.
Hey scott,
read up on your book and listen to all of the podcasts of yours that I can find. coming to this forum i see there are 108 pages of questions so this may or may not have already been answered, but what is your personal approach with caloric shifting when you're in a gaining phase? meaning the difference in how many calories you consume on training days vs non-training. And do you think it would be okay to have a linear caloric approach if not as aggressive with the calories? sorry if I'm phrasing anything incorrectly, thanks!
(06-01-2017, 05:48 AM)kingkahjj Wrote: Hey scott,
read up on your book and listen to all of the podcasts of yours that I can find. coming to this forum i see there are 108 pages of questions so this may or may not have already been answered, but what is your personal approach with caloric shifting when you're in a gaining phase? meaning the difference in how many calories you consume on training days vs non-training. And do you think it would be okay to have a linear caloric approach if not as aggressive with the calories? sorry if I'm phrasing anything incorrectly, thanks!

Before I respond to the bolded, I guess I'm wondering if you've searched for an answer to this. (I've covered this a few times here on the board.)

I've also addressed what I think you mean by a "linear" caloric approach, too, but perhaps you could define that.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(06-01-2017, 10:22 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Before I respond to the bolded, I guess I'm wondering if you've searched for an answer to this. (I've covered this a few times here on the board.)

I've also addressed what I think you mean by a "linear" caloric approach, too, but perhaps you could define that.

-S

I see that you state you like lower carbs on days off to help with things like insulin sensitivity and what not, I gues im more so asking if keeping calories the same everyday with a not so aggressive surplus on only training days would make a huge difference in body comp. I have read a lot on this forum and I have seen you answer this, but I haven't really seen anyone ask it in this way particularly. Sorry if I couldn't find where you stated the answer to this, thanks.
Hey Scott,

Do you still teach? I was wondering if you'd teach maybe some biochemistry or exercise science course online that a lot of us would like to take. I'm a junior in college, and several hundred miles away from Arizona, thanks to the Internet though, I'm still able to learn a lot online.

If you did consider teaching a course, maybe offer it online as well? Would sign up in a heart beat, plus weekly discussion sections regarding these topics would be kickass

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
(06-02-2017, 04:58 AM)kingkahjj Wrote: I see that you state you like lower carbs on days off to help with things like insulin sensitivity and what not, I gues im more so asking if keeping calories the same everyday with a not so aggressive surplus on only training days would make a huge difference in body comp. I have read a lot on this forum and I have seen you answer this, but I haven't really seen anyone ask it in this way particularly. Sorry if I couldn't find where you stated the answer to this, thanks.

I don't have my copy of the Ebook to hand, but I recall basically 3 approaches on off days;

1. C. 100g carbs on off days, evenly distributed
2. Increasing carbs on off days: more 'aggressive'but still evenly distributed
3. The metabolic flexibility approach, where carbs are focused iirc later in the day.

Which you do will depend on goals and current body composition. If you were keeping off days at maintenance, I'd imagine you'd be shooting for very roughly 15-17 kcal/lb.

Of course, this is all very generalised- your individual macros are relevant only to you - and I'd need to check in the book. If this is all rubbish, btw, I apologise!
(06-02-2017, 04:58 AM)kingkahjj Wrote: I see that you state you like lower carbs on days off to help with things like insulin sensitivity and what not, I gues im more so asking if keeping calories the same everyday with a not so aggressive surplus on only training days would make a huge difference in body comp. I have read a lot on this forum and I have seen you answer this, but I haven't really seen anyone ask it in this way particularly. Sorry if I couldn't find where you stated the answer to this, thanks.

You're still going to have to clarify this.

I'm pushing back here b/c any answer I give is only as valuable as the extent to which you have a clearly defined question (and framework for receiving an answer).

-S
-Scott

(06-02-2017, 03:56 PM)thethinker48 Wrote: Hey Scott,

Do you still teach? I was wondering if you'd teach maybe some biochemistry or exercise science course online that a lot of us would like to take. I'm a junior in college, and several hundred miles away from Arizona, thanks to the Internet though, I'm still able to learn a lot online.

If you did consider teaching a course, maybe offer it online as well? Would sign up in a heart beat, plus weekly discussion sections regarding these topics would be kickass

That's a kind thought, man.

Right now I'm not formally associated with a University, so it wouldn't do many folks any good for me to do something like that (as a University course), i.e., no college credit could be issued.

I was an adjunct at U. Tampa in 2015 (and just did a guest lecture there a month or so ago), but am really not especially in favor of online teaching. It's a great way to disseminate info. for those who are truly interested (so it might work as a CEU course), but falls flat on it's face in many ways at the University level. (I'm not an educational psychologist, but I'd have quite a diatribe on that point. The lack of social and psychological engagement that happens here, and thus the inability to teach to students' learning styles, was really apparent to me as an adjunct where 50% of the course was delivered online.)

-S
-Scott

Hey Scott,
Sorry for not being able to clarify my previous question correctly, but I read through about 89 pages on this forum and was able to find the answer somewhere in there haha. Im a big fan of yours and listen to all of your podcasts and articles that I'm able to find. Im 18 and have made more progress in my previous 3 years of lifting "very hard and intensely" (very high volume and overreaching as I wasn't able to progress much on lifts and all symptoms of overreaching started to show). People will realize this programs a game changer once they get out of the mentality of needing to be in the gym 6-7 days a week, and I'd be happy to post pics of you want. But a question I have for you;that you may or may not be able to answer is, as somebody who has an extreme passion for learning about everything from training,nutrition,hormonal adaptations,etc to things like the pharmacokinetics of anabolic steroids; what kind of career would you recommend that I pursue? I work at a supplement shop and people are shocked with the wealth of information that I have, especially at my age (not to sound like a douche, as I'm learning new things everyday) and proceed to ask me what I want to do in the future. And every time I get asked that I really don't know what to say, because I have all this information gathered from hours and hours of reading and I don't know what to do with it. Sorry for the long post scott, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.