Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(11-14-2018, 12:31 AM)ShangShang Wrote: Hi y'all from Finland!

Doing my first cycle of the FT training and loving every second - even though how brutal it can be. Been working out for roughly only 3-4 years now, so I wonder if FT is too advanced program for me... But so far at least so far it's the only program that shares the same philosophy and ideology that I have about "optimal" training.

Wonder if you guys have talk a lot about the "fortitude" part here in the forum. For me counting the exact amount of reps has been a bit of a problem... I think I can push myself further, if I can just concentrate purely on the performance, without bothering the exact amount of reps done. But that would mean quite clumsy notes on log book, which seems to be relatively important part of FT training, isn't it?

Anyway, now mainly doing my duty of saying hi, so... Hi everyone!

Hey Bud!

You could ask someone spotting you to help with counting reps.

Doing so is also a skill that comes with time - I sometimes do a set and lose track (most often if how many sets of an MR I've done if it's a new exercise and I don't have a PR I'm focused on beating that day).

I would put into you mind's eye the number of reps you want to get, visualizing the set before you do it, rep by rep, in as much detail as possible (what you see, think and all the things you feel during the set, especially during the last grueling reps). This can help performance (assuming you're setting a reasonable # of goal reps and it's a PR) and having the rep count built into your strategy means you'll be much more likely to not lose count. Smile

When it doubt, I always "round down," so to speak, and note this with a "?" to remind me that I those reps may not be accurate and I shouldn't drop that exercise (if doing a Loading Set) simply because if that.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello everyone.I am glad to be here to bust my ass and learn
(11-15-2018, 10:03 AM)rside#2 Wrote: Hello everyone.I am glad to be here to bust my ass and learn

bow biggrin

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello all,

Name is Walter. 44 Years old. Competed in a HS contest in 91 and 92. Joined the army but kept working out and stayed somewhat up with bodybuilding. Fast forward to 2014 when a coworker says he competes in Men's Physique. I went to watch a show and got bit by the bug. Competed in 2015, 2016, and 2018. Offseason now and trying to pack on some more size. This should be a great group. Listen to Dr. Stevenson on Muscle Minds. Love the answers.
Been listening to Scott on Advices radio since the beginning and heard only good things about him on Jordan Peters forum.

Bought the fortitude training book years ago and it helped me a lot! A very well written book. So of course I had to buy his new book be your own bodybuilding coach. There is a lot of information to gather from this book, reading through it slowly and taking notes and the same time to much good information too not write it down and learn!

After listening to todays podcast with Scott on Muscle Minds I decide to join here and expand my knowledge even further Smile
(12-08-2018, 01:20 AM)Hfam95 Wrote: Hello all,

Name is Walter. 44 Years old. Competed in a HS contest in 91 and 92. Joined the army but kept working out and stayed somewhat up with bodybuilding. Fast forward to 2014 when a coworker says he competes in Men's Physique. I went to watch a show and got bit by the bug. Competed in 2015, 2016, and 2018. Offseason now and trying to pack on some more size. This should be a great group. Listen to Dr. Stevenson on Muscle Minds. Love the answers.

Thanks for coming on board, Walter!!! Smile

-S
-Scott

(12-08-2018, 02:13 AM)Laserloken Wrote: Been listening to Scott on Advices radio since the beginning and heard only good things about him on Jordan Peters forum.

Bought the fortitude training book years ago and it helped me a lot! A very well written book. So of course I had to buy his new book be your own bodybuilding coach. There is a lot of information to gather from this book, reading through it slowly and taking notes and the same time to much good information too not write it down and learn!

After listening to todays podcast with Scott on Muscle Minds I decide to join here and expand my knowledge even further Smile

Thank for buying my books, Brother! Welcome aboard! Smile

-S
-Scott

Hello, merry Christmas to all members, just purchased the book. But I've been using the fortitude training regime for 7 weeks now. (A friend of myne gave me his copy but i desited to buy it for my self and to give credits to the creator dr. Scott
So my name is Dimitar I'm 23 years old from Balkans - Bulgaria. I've been competing since 2014 i have a couple of first places here in bulgaria and for 2017 i managed to become 4th in the junior world bodybuilding championships and in 2018 3th in the European bodybuilding junior championships.
(12-30-2018, 10:40 PM)dbratanov Wrote: Hello, merry Christmas to all members, just purchased the book. But I've been using the fortitude training regime for 7 weeks now. (A friend of myne gave me his copy but i desited to buy it for my self and to give credits to the creator dr. Scott
So my name is Dimitar I'm 23 years old from Balkans - Bulgaria. I've been competing since 2014 i have a couple of first places here in bulgaria and for 2017 i managed to become 4th in the junior world bodybuilding championships and in 2018 3th in the European bodybuilding junior championships.

Welcome Dimitar!

Thanks for picking up the book and saying Hello. Keep kicking ass!!!

How are you liking FT so far?...

-S
-Scott

(12-30-2018, 11:30 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Welcome Dimitar!

Thanks for picking up the book and saying Hello. Keep kicking ass!!!

How are you liking FT so far?...

-S
Doc. I like it very much! I did 5 weeks blast tier 1 and ⅓ cruise. Tomorrow is my first lower body load so we will se how's the squat gonna end up. Strength is going very well on all lifts progression is good. Ive been using a log book since 3 years. I used Dantes regiment for some time but i found yours to be better for me. I still have issues with my food cuz the training is insane and i work as a mechanic i do need a lot of calories. For the food part i use your approach i still experiment with it for now i can share my food plan if your interested. Smile

D. Bratanov