Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
workout duration
hello everyone just new to this fortitude training I've been training a few years mainly high intensity low volume but decided to give the higher frequency a go. I've done 1 week of tier family plan 3 times a week focusing on upper body so muscle rounds on Friday are all upper body. my main question is each workout is only taking around 25 minutes to complete. I'm going full out on sets but am I missing something?! Maybe I'm not doing enough warm up sets any advice would be appreciated cheers. tier 1 advises 1 set to failure should I be doing 2/3 warm up sets before each set of exercise. the same applies to pump sets i just go straight into the pump set without warm ups
(04-21-2019, 10:56 AM)shadow79 Wrote: hello everyone just new to this fortitude training I've been training a few years mainly high intensity low volume but decided to give the higher frequency a go. I've done 1 week of tier family plan 3 times a week focusing on upper body so muscle rounds on Friday are all upper body. my main question is each workout is only taking around 25 minutes to complete. I'm going full out on sets but am I missing something?! Maybe I'm not doing enough warm up sets any advice would be appreciated cheers. tier 1 advises 1 set to failure should I be doing 2/3 warm up sets before each set of exercise. the same applies to pump sets i just go straight into the pump set without warm ups

I guess the main thing you might be missing are the lower body muscle rounds on Friday with the Family Man plan.

Warm-up sets are whatever you need to get warmed up. There's not right or wrong IMO, except at the extremes (none or a dozen sets, for example.)

I'd at least feel out the weight with the pump sets. This is simply for safety to some degree, to make sure the machine is working, etc.

Also, PUMP set exercise selection is auto-regulated, so you want to pick the exercise that feels / works for you on that day. You might think a given exercise is a good one and then when you start it, find it just doesn't set well with you. (I'm never really for just jumping on a machine / exercise without a few feeler reps. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-21-2019, 11:43 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I guess the main thing you might be missing are the lower body muscle rounds on Friday with the Family Man plan.

Warm-up sets are whatever you need to get warmed up. There's not right or wrong IMO, except at the extremes (none or a dozen sets, for example.)

I'd at least feel out the weight with the pump sets. This is simply for safety to some degree, to make sure the machine is working, etc.

Also, PUMP set exercise selection is auto-regulated, so you want to pick the exercise that feels / works for you on that day. You might think a given exercise is a good one and then when you start it, find it just doesn't set well with you. (I'm never really for just jumping on a machine / exercise without a few feeler reps. Smile )

-S

cheers for the response Scott the book and forum are excellent and crammed full of info I've been watching vids on YouTube too for tips etc. I get what you're saying about the warm ups just enough but not too many to take away from the working sets
(04-22-2019, 05:24 AM)shadow79 Wrote: cheers for the response Scott the book and forum are excellent and crammed full of info I've been watching vids on YouTube too for tips etc. I get what you're saying about the warm ups just enough but not too many to take away from the working sets

You're welcome!!!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-22-2019, 05:24 AM)shadow79 Wrote: cheers for the response Scott the book and forum are excellent and crammed full of info I've been watching vids on YouTube too for tips etc. I get what you're saying about the warm ups just enough but not too many to take away from the working sets

My average training duration on a Day 3/4 of TIII is about 60-75 minutes. I like doing two or three nice, focused warm up sets..!
I stated basic tier one this week and having now done day one and two I agree with you. Especially day 2, I was done in about 35/40 minutes even with warm up sets.

I have been conservative in picking tier one so I guess I can adjust upward if it isn’t challenging enough but for the moment I plan on staying tier one for the first blast.

BTW I’m only planning on doing four weeks for the first blast as I’m on holiday so nice break and see how I feel after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk