Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protein pulsing with FT!!??
(01-20-2020, 11:48 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Bud!

I'm not at all an expert on autophagy and the intricacy of mechanisms involved fasting an it's potential health benefits.

Generally, though, body*building* is about creating a caloric excess, which opposes the fasting. Mechanistically, we're talking about activating mTOR, IGF-1, and anabolism vs. inhibiting / reducing those and creating intracellular catabolism.

So there's some give and take here and knowing the long haul effects (e.g., longevity / disease morbidity) can't be had with 100% certainty. Where you draw the line (adding protein or not) i would think would depend on what you're trying to achieve with training (are you trying to add muscle or just feel and look as good as possible).

A nutrient timing approach (health proteins and fats) to stave off that feeling of "I'm starving" would likely improve your quality of life, i'd think, but I believe the general consensus (no expert here!) is that one much avoid taking in anything other than water and air during the periods of fasting to fully realize health benefits. How much is lost in eating X amount of protein, I couldn't say...

-S

Thanks for your time and thanks for the humble approach!
At the moment, I'm trying to stay in shape for my age.
According to my "instinct" and my "feeling", a moderate calories/carbs restriction during the day and more cals post w.o is the best way to go.
(01-21-2020, 05:09 AM)duchaine Wrote: Thanks for your time and thanks for the humble approach!
At the moment, I'm trying to stay in shape for my age.
According to my "instinct" and my "feeling", a moderate calories/carbs restriction during the day and more cals post w.o is the best way to go.

You're welcome!!!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.