Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back To It, FT Questions
Hi Scott.

So I bought your FT book when it came out and also your byobc book as well at the end of 2018.

At that time I was highly dedicated as well as taking PEDS. My actual PED usage was down to natural testosterone levels being way too low and the NHS (UK) refusing to help. Recovery was also fairly good and structure etc etc.

Fast forward to present day and I came off testosterone (of which I was actually 'on' for three years with varying levels as high as 750 and as low as 125 e7d) in October 2019. I have struggled with sleep and even motivation so truth be told I've not had an form of meaningful session since February.

That said, I do feel 'well' now after the testosterone being stopped and continue to take nothing other than over the counter supps and I want it to stay that way.

So what I'm asking is (I loved training FT style before!) would it be acceptable to start up with FT training again? I'm going to start tier 1 and build up. I'm just conscious that it takes me longer to recover now and that sleep on a night is approx 7 hours albeit with a night feed for young un.

I'm not trying to make excuses with re not being able to recover etc but after doing FT whilst 'on' it makes me conscious as to how well I can recover based on a solid diet and recovery plan.

Thank you (apologies if it comes across short sighted at all but I appreciate your knowledge and advise.)

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk
Rob,

What do you mean by "acceptable?..."

It actually doesn't sound like the main issue for you is matching training stimulus (FT or whatever) to recovery, it's simply finding motivation to train.

What kind of training would best motivate you?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(06-22-2020, 10:29 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Rob,

What do you mean by "acceptable?..."

It actually doesn't sound like the main issue for you is matching training stimulus (FT or whatever) to recovery, it's simply finding motivation to train.

What kind of training would best motivate you?...

-S
Sorry I've read it back and it does look a little confusing.

By acceptable I mean will I be able to use it as a platform to start training again or would I benefit more from stripping everything back and starting with the very basics.

With re motivation this is actually the first time in year's I've hit a damper with training. Truth be told, the whole lockdown situation didn't help but I'm raring to go again.

Edit: this type of training is a huge motivator for me. I much prefer the lower volume, higher intensity training such as this, DC, Dorian Yates etc so no issue with being motivated once I'm going
(06-22-2020, 11:44 PM)robc1985 Wrote: Sorry I've read it back and it does look a little confusing.

By acceptable I mean will I be able to use it as a platform to start training again or would I benefit more from stripping everything back and starting with the very basics.

With re motivation this is actually the first time in year's I've hit a damper with training. Truth be told, the whole lockdown situation didn't help but I'm raring to go again.

Edit: this type of training is a huge motivator for me. I much prefer the lower volume, higher intensity training such as this, DC, Dorian Yates etc so no issue with being motivated once I'm going

It's all good, man.

Unless you've been on bedrest4 or just know you have to start off slowly, then FT is fine as a starting point (Tier I).

Main thing is you do something sustainable, it seems. Anything is better than nothing and there is something to say for getting the most from the least.

I've had natural trainees use Tier III right up to a show and really large enhanced, strong trainees go at it so hard that Tier I is all that is recoverable.

If you need a week of full body workouts, 1-3 sets, leaving a few reps in the tank on each set, that's fine, too.

I'd just focus on being sure you're using good form and setting up for a good blast such that not at all tempted to get sloppy to get more reps.

The strength will come, so don't be concerned if you're a bit weaker starting out. (That's fine - again, you'll get plenty of stimulus from just about anything.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.