Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(07-27-2014, 07:55 AM)dice77 Wrote: Scott,
Great book! Easing into the program and really enjoying it!
Page 13 you touch upon how you overtrained for the first time. Can you elaborate a little more? How did you specifically know you were cooked? How did you recover and for how long?

I thought I mentioned that it took me over two months to feel normal again.

Exhausted, difficulty sleeping (very difficult), resting HR was elevated. At the same time, I just wanted to sleep. Motivation to train was minimal. Appetite was low annihilated.

This was about two years ago now, so I can't remember everything, but I felt like I'd just come out of a concentration camp.

I've gone deep into prep's before and after a contest, simply ate back up for a week or so, got my BF% up above 5% and felt GREAT. Not happening this time. (When I was doing TT - or my best interpretation of it - , I was training so hard that I'd have to sleep after eating for 2-3hr sometimes in the late afternoon, which meant I'd stay up late to work, too, which probably didn't help.)

I was intentionally doing the program all out like this, in hopes of having a great over-reaching rebound, but instead, I drove the hole too deep and got lost in it.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Great info! Thank you sir.
can you give me some examples of exercises for loading sets vs. muscle rounds? I am trying to come up with a list.

thanks!
(07-27-2014, 12:19 PM)jfdupuis Wrote: can you give me some examples of exercises for loading sets vs. muscle rounds? I am trying to come up with a list.

thanks!

JF,

No, I can't really, as these are to be chosen specifically by you for your needs. (This is pretty explicit in the book)

Perhaps if you start a list, we can help with excluding those that aren't the best choices.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Okay. How many warm up sets do you recommend for loading and MR sets? For example if I'm doing the Turbo set up, Tier I, Day 1, how many warm up sets would you do before doing the 1 set for thigh, quad and ham?

For my list of exercises for the MR, I have the following for chest

Incline Smith machine
Incline HS machine
Cable flies
Dips
Flat HS machine
decline Smith machine
pec dec machine

For bicep

drag curls
cable curls
pinwheel curls
Hammer curls
Rope curls
Preacher curls
alternate DB curls

thanks for your help!
(07-28-2014, 12:05 AM)jfdupuis Wrote: Okay. How many warm up sets do you recommend for loading and MR sets? For example if I'm doing the Turbo set up, Tier I, Day 1, how many warm up sets would you do before doing the 1 set for thigh, quad and ham?

FT Questions....

Quote:For my list of exercises for the MR, I have the following for chest

Incline Smith machine
Incline HS machine
Cable flies
Dips
Flat HS machine
decline Smith machine
pec dec machine

For bicep

drag curls
cable curls
pinwheel curls
Hammer curls
Rope curls
Preacher curls
alternate DB curls

thanks for your help!

Sure.

Those all look fine.

I'd look for some daisy chains and caribiners to set up for the cable flies, as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uremK4HF...RQuQyY-95w

-S
-Scott

(duplicate post from PM in case others may benefit)

Scott,

Im starting to rethink my blasts, thinking with longevity in mind, I know that free weights are idea, But to lift heavy on loading for chest and thigh and some movements, I tend to need to pre exhaust , limit range of motion or use Hammer Strength or I eventually tweak something. What are your thoughts between those 3 as ideal?
(07-28-2014, 03:13 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: (duplicate post from PM in case others may benefit)

Scott,

Im starting to rethink my blasts, thinking with longevity in mind, I know that free weights are idea, But to lift heavy on loading for chest and thigh and some movements, I tend to need to pre exhaust , limit range of motion or use Hammer Strength or I eventually tweak something. What are your thoughts between those 3 as ideal?

use the isolation movements to pre-exhaust.

Loading sets are about go to exercises. Those can be whatever you choose as "go to" for your. Your reasons are your own. Free weights are not ideal if they cause you injury.

-S
-Scott

Scott,

Not doing FT now but seriously looking into it in the future. Currently I am having great success with the practice of over warming up. So let's say for squat I'm looking to get maybe 12 reps of 365. I'll warm up to 405 for a single and then after a short rest, drop back down to 365 and bang out the reps. Every single time the weight feels light and fresh and I almost always get more reps in this way than traditional pyramid warm up structure.

I hate to be "that guy" and start bastardizing your program and adding things to it that you did not write, but could this warm up structure be adding to loading sets for the more complex barbell movements? (Squat, bench, etc, I also do them for chins, but not rows or deads). Thanks for your time, knowledge, and the great book.
(07-28-2014, 05:49 AM)Altamir Wrote: Scott,

Not doing FT now but seriously looking into it in the future. Currently I am having great success with the practice of over warming up. So let's say for squat I'm looking to get maybe 12 reps of 365. I'll warm up to 405 for a single and then after a short rest, drop back down to 365 and bang out the reps. Every single time the weight feels light and fresh and I almost always get more reps in this way than traditional pyramid warm up structure.

I hate to be "that guy" and start bastardizing your program and adding things to it that you did not write, but could this warm up structure be adding to loading sets for the more complex barbell movements? (Squat, bench, etc, I also do them for chins, but not rows or deads). Thanks for your time, knowledge, and the great book.

Altamir,

Oh Jeez - THAT Guy... LOL

This is making use of Post-activation potentiation.

I actually wrote a piece on that for EliteFTS™, but I don't think it made it up to the site. I'll ask if they want to use it. Otherwise, I'll put up some snibbets here, if possible.

Using PAP isn't really a break from FT, IMO. You can warm-up however you like and if you're keyed in enough to make use of that phenomenon, I'm all for it.

(I've got all sorts of things twists that can be added to the program, but they would simply create confusion on a 1st draft of the book or not be something that folks could implement just in reading a book or some online posts. I'm all for optimizing your training in any way shape or form. For some who can see the structure and have the experience, using a PAP based warm-up with FT isn't a stretch at all and just what I would want that person, e.g., you, to do, to optimize the training stimulus.

Someone else could get lost in overanalyzing details and how to try to use PAP on the 3 MR of a back exercise, etc. For that person, KISS is perhaps a better approach to start off with. Smile

-S
-Scott