Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
Hi Scott,

Is there a strength requirement like there is for DC to start Fortitude Training? Also I take it this is mostly a bodybuilding program with some strength gains expected mostly through the loading sets? Thanks.

(12-23-2014, 09:03 AM)Suavek Wrote: Hi Scott,

Is there a strength requirement like there is for DC to start Fortitude Training? Also I take it this is mostly a bodybuilding program with some strength gains expected mostly through the loading sets? Thanks.

No, not per se, but there is an attitude requirement, meaning you've got to want to kick ass and take names.

Seriously, there is an experience requirement, which is what you've read as a pseudo-strength requirement is really meaning to suggest.

If you have read the book, the intro material outlines this idea: The program is based on the notion of known when you've only got a rep or to in the tank during loading sets, what exercises will be right to choose for MR's, how to decide which exercises and techniques feel right for PUMP sets.

This all comes from experience.

I'd say (again - I've mentioned this before) that if you're, for instance, reading the book and wanting to lay out specifically what exercises you'll do for each an every workout, you probably should be doing another program. The point of the program is to incorporate your knowledge / intuition that you've picked up over the years to make the call on these decisions.

If you don't know what exercises to do for Loading sets, then you've not got the experience to 1.) know what the general consensus is for basic core exercises are and/or 2.) don't have higher level of understanding that some, but not all of those exercises may be you "go to" exercises and that you have found those that work well for YOU (there are your "favorites").

It would unusual that someone were not at least in the top 25% of what you see in a regular commercial gym as far as strength and have the knowledge of the above, but it's possible for sure. (OTOH, those would probably be guy who have found that training lighter works well for them, but probably trained heavy years ago and were once pretty strong and technically still "are" in that they could start handling big weight really quickly again if the focused on doing so...)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(12-22-2014, 02:13 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: (Hopefully, I'll be able to get some FT seminars together middle of next year.)

Smile

-S

This is pretty cool news! Any idea where you might be doing these? Possibly anywhere in the north east?
Hi Scott,

Would you say the following are occlusion streches in the context of Fortitude Training as there is no external load?

http://theswole.com/wordpress/wp-content...tretch.gif

http://theswole.com/wordpress/wp-content...retch1.gif

(12-23-2014, 10:31 AM)Altamir Wrote: This is pretty cool news! Any idea where you might be doing these? Possibly anywhere in the north east?

Somewhere in the UK is what things are looking like as of now... Smile

(12-23-2014, 12:58 PM)Suavek Wrote: Hi Scott,

Would you say the following are occlusion streches in the context of Fortitude Training as there is no external load?

http://theswole.com/wordpress/wp-content...retch1.gif

Yes, Sir, those would be, if there were isometric contraction added to the stretch.

FYI, I prefer doing a handcuff stretch and doing quad stretches unilaterally with my leg (front part of ankle) on a pad, usually the bad of a lat pulldown.

-S

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(12-24-2014, 02:25 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Somewhere in the UK is what things are looking like as of now... Smile

-S

Well that stinks, I'd be willing to travel a bit, and would like to visit the UK at some point, but not next year! Wink
(12-24-2014, 03:52 AM)Altamir Wrote: Well that stinks, I'd be willing to travel a bit, and would like to visit the UK at some point, but not next year! Wink

Well, having one in the US before that is not out of the question.

This is just an opportunity that availed itself. I'm busy as all get out right now prepping for University course I'll be teaching in Jan. Smile

When that's over, the schedule will be much more open.

-S
-Scott

(12-24-2014, 08:49 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Well, having one in the US before that is not out of the question.

This is just an opportunity that availed itself. I'm busy as all get out right now prepping for University course I'll be teaching in Jan. Smile

When that's over, the schedule will be much more open.

-S

What course will you be teaching Scott?
(12-24-2014, 09:06 AM)DOWORK Wrote: What course will you be teaching Scott?

Grad level Foundational course in responses and adaptations to exercise. Everything from A-Z basically. All systems (CNS, Digestive, muscular, skeletal, cardiopulmonary), bioenergetics, special topics like heat and altitude, disuse, animal and human models.

It's the big one, so I've had to refresh myself on about 20 years of research in some areas. Other's I'm good on.

-S
-Scott

(12-25-2014, 01:10 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Grad level Foundational course in responses and adaptations to exercise. Everything from A-Z basically. All systems (CNS, Digestive, muscular, skeletal, cardiopulmonary), bioenergetics, special topics like heat and altitude, disuse, animal and human models.

It's the big one, so I've had to refresh myself on about 20 years of research in some areas. Other's I'm good on.

-S

Awesome! Your students are in for a treat with a professor who not only knows his shit but also looks the part lol. Happy Holidays Scott!