Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I.C. Question
Hey Scott.
Or anyone else with more knowledge than me Smile

I'll be doing my last workout tomorrow of my first 6 week F.T. blast.

I've been doing the 3 day family man plan. I did the first 3 weeks at tier I, and the last 3 weeks at tier II.
Question is how should I be scheduling my cruise? I know MR only workouts, but should i do say 2 MR workouts in 1 week (say monday/wednesday, lower body monday/upper body wednesday type thing).?
And how about total time off?

Thanks!
(04-03-2015, 05:22 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Hey Scott.
Or anyone else with more knowledge than me Smile

I'll be doing my last workout tomorrow of my first 6 week F.T. blast.

I've been doing the 3 day family man plan. I did the first 3 weeks at tier I, and the last 3 weeks at tier II.
Question is how should I be scheduling my cruise? I know MR only workouts, but should i do say 2 MR workouts in 1 week (say monday/wednesday, lower body monday/upper body wednesday type thing).?
And how about total time off?

Thanks!

I'd go by how you feel, but you can probably try this as:

Two week Intermittent Cruise (⅓ of blast time)

You could do the training various ways:
(MR's and Pump sets at Tier I)

Mon (Upper) , Thurs (Lower) , Mon (Upper) (then rest)

Repeat Day 3 in total (Tier I) on Mon, Thur, Mon. (then rest)

Another option is Mon Upper, Wed Lower, Fri Upper, Mon Upper (then rest)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thank you.
When you say "then rest ".
What are your thinking? A week?
Diet wise, i consume about 450 grams of carbs on training days. And not much on non training days. Usually half a grapefruit and 1-2 servings of veggies.
On the days i train MR only, stick with training day diet? Then all the non training days just do what i've been doing? Little to trace amounts of carbs?

Thank you
(04-03-2015, 08:07 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Thank you.
When you say "then rest ".
What are your thinking? A week?

Two week Intermittent Cruise (⅓ of blast time)

Last ⅓ of cruise time is spent NOT training (resting).

(04-03-2015, 12:02 PM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Diet wise, i consume about 450 grams of carbs on training days. And not much on non training days. Usually half a grapefruit and 1-2 servings of veggies.
On the days i train MR only, stick with training day diet? Then all the non training days just do what i've been doing? Little to trace amounts of carbs?

Thank you

Sure!

If you're trying to gain weight, then have more high kcal days (e.g., two out of three), so you can rebound. If you're trying to lose weight, then the above would work, assuming you still get the recovery out of your IC period. Just be wary of dropping weight too fast.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Copy, thank you!

Fyi, started my first blast at 201.
Sitting at 207 now!
Thank you for an awesome program; )
(04-04-2015, 05:56 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Copy, thank you!

Fyi, started my first blast at 201.
Sitting at 207 now!
Thank you for an awesome program; )

SWEET!!! You're welcome and thanks for reporting back! Smile

-Scott
-Scott

Repeat Day 3 in total (Tier I) on Mon, Thur, Mon. (then rest)

I think I'll use this option for my IC.
When would you be back on the next blast? The following Monday?
Also I work Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday this week.
So monday, Thursday won't work.
What about Monday/Wednesday/Friday day 3 in total.?
Or maybe Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Monday? ?
(04-05-2015, 01:17 PM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Repeat Day 3 in total (Tier I) on Mon, Thur, Mon. (then rest)

I think I'll use this option for my IC.
When would you be back on the next blast? The following Monday?
Also I work Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday this week.
So monday, Thursday won't work.
What about Monday/Wednesday/Friday day 3 in total.?
Or maybe Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Monday? ?

LOL - At some point, you'll actually have to make up your mind and just do it. Wink I'd play it by ear and see how you feel.

If you use the rule that the IC lasts ⅓ as long as your blast and your progressive blast was 6 weeks long then your IC would be two weeks in total. This would put you back to training on a Monday if you started your IC on a Monday.

You might do a search in the FT e-book on "individuality:" You'll find a few passages where I talk about this notion (pp. 8-9, 47, 131 for instance). I'd not overthink it. Smile

-S
-Scott

(04-06-2015, 12:02 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: LOL - At some point, you'll actually have to make up your mind and just do it. Wink I'd play it by ear and see how you feel.

If you use the rule that the IC lasts ⅓ as long as your blast and your progressive blast was 6 weeks long then your IC would be two weeks in total. This would put you back to training on a Monday if you started your IC on a Monday.

You might do a search in the FT e-book on "individuality:" You'll find a few passages where I talk about this notion (pp. 8-9, 47, 131 for instance). I'd not overthink it. Smile

-S

Thank you! I think that's exactly my problem, over thinking. .

Happy Easter by the way