Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Imagery Techniques: Can They Make You Bigger and Stronger?
Mental Imagery Techniques: Can They Make You Bigger and Stronger? / Elite FTS

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Great article Scott!

One thing I've noticed is that when I'm mentally rehearsing my workout on the drive to the gym, and this usually means 4:15 am, I notice my heart rate start getting faster and I feel that rush of nervousness/anxiety as well. Hell even on off days thinking about my next day session I feel this.

Mentally though, if my wife and kids beg me not to go, my session sucks as I can't stop thinking about them. However, if I get my wife's blessing, I'm a whole lot stronger and energized. Certainly more than meets the eye when it comes to unlocking the power of the mind!
USMC 0311 Combat Veteran 1999-2003

Darkhorse0311 Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtvxY6A3lQ
(07-10-2015, 11:49 PM)Darkhorse0311 Wrote: Great article Scott!

One thing I've noticed is that when I'm mentally rehearsing my workout on the drive to the gym, and this usually means 4:15 am, I notice my heart rate start getting faster and I feel that rush of nervousness/anxiety as well. Hell even on off days thinking about my next day session I feel this.

Mentally though, if my wife and kids beg me not to go, my session sucks as I can't stop thinking about them. However, if I get my wife's blessing, I'm a whole lot stronger and energized. Certainly more than meets the eye when it comes to unlocking the power of the mind!

Yes, I think I mention in that article that HR can be elevated with visualizing.

I can only imagine if part of your "visualization" were that your wife and kids are cursing you for not being there that that would be ergolytic. Sad

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.