Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should you do Cardio this Off-Season?...
Thought you guys might be interested...

Cardio in the Offseason:

Cardio in the Off-Season: Blasphemy, Beneficial or Badass / Elite FTS

Cardio in the Off-Season: Make Up Your Mind / Elite FTS
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Scott Stevenson for this post:
  • makster, Pumped340, sizzlean
Great articles. I´m keeping cardio in my bulk but only my off days and short session like 20 minutes HIT.
Scott, what have your trainees, (or others reading) found with doing H.I.I.T with fortitude training? You mentioned in the article folks needing to up their calories while doing FT, so is there any need for cardio for most folks?
(10-07-2015, 11:49 PM)thanger Wrote: Scott, what have your trainees, (or others reading) found with doing H.I.I.T with fortitude training? You mentioned in the article folks needing to up their calories while doing FT, so is there any need for cardio for most folks?

Minimal need for cardio for most folks doing FT, except perhaps in the last 4-6 weeks pre-contest. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interesting and thank you for sharing. As a non- competitor, I have an ongoing battle with cardio vs no cardio regularly. I use my mirror to tell me what to add in or take out most of the time. Obviously summer time I add more in, less in winter here in frigid Colorado.
(10-08-2015, 12:50 PM)Jen Wrote: Interesting and thank you for sharing. As a non- competitor, I have an ongoing battle with cardio vs no cardio regularly. I use my mirror to tell me what to add in or take out most of the time. Obviously summer time I add more in, less in winter here in frigid Colorado.

"Seasonal" cardio makes perfect sense. Smile (I lived briefly in the Springs and Boulder many moons ago.)

-S
-Scott

(10-08-2015, 11:51 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: "Seasonal" cardio makes perfect sense. Smile (I lived briefly in the Springs and Boulder many moons ago.)

-S

Nice!!! I'm just an hour northeast
Yes, I think I need off season cardio, or cut down on food. I have gained 14 pounds in 2 months which equaled a inch gain in my waist. Only wanted to gain 15 this off season. I also needed to clean up my diet some, which I have done.
(10-09-2015, 09:21 AM)Jen Wrote: Nice!!! I'm just an hour northeast

God's country! Smile

(10-10-2015, 11:19 PM)Pumped340 Wrote: Unless you're very tall 14lb per inch on your waist is very good and probably quite a bit of muscle gain. In my case, and a few others I've talked to, if they gain about 5-6lb of fat that's ~1in on their waistline, so a decent amount of what you've gained must have been LBM (unless you just store a lot more in other places)

I'd echo this and saw that pics will tell us more more than these #'s (weight and waist circumference).

Smile

-S
-Scott