Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
Great and thank you!
(10-09-2015, 11:39 AM)Jen Wrote: Great and thank you!

You're welcome!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
hello Scott..what would a good strategy for me to add more gym days( instead of cardio...) in my week while i train FT?
FT is 4 days a week and i make grea progress with this but i want to be at the gym more days..just to do something productive for my body and body composition whithout interfering with my main training ( FT) or my recovery?
(10-17-2015, 02:52 PM)bill2 Wrote: hello Scott..what would a good strategy for me to add more gym days( instead of cardio...) in my week while i train FT?
FT is 4 days a week and i make grea progress with this but i want to be at the gym more days..just to do something productive for my body and body composition whithout interfering with my main training ( FT) or my recovery?

You could split Loading and Pump Sets into separate workouts, but those wouldn't be too long if you're doing Tier I.

I'm pretty big on goals, so let's dig into what you're wanting here.

If your progress is great and you just want to go to the the gym, then I'd just go to the gym and maybe walk on the treadmill - just to have something to do. You could do some light stretching and pretty much basically be there.

The question here is WHY do you want to be in the gym?
-To Train
-To do something other than be at home or elsewhere
-Because the gym, training is your favorite place to be / thing to do
-This sort of thing.

---------

When you say "productive for your body and body composition," what do you mean by this?

Productive for you body might mean helping in recovery - maybe a weekly massage would help out. Is there a massage therapist at your gym?...

Helping with body composition could be cardio if you work a low activity job and find that Tier I is your best bet.

----------

So, coming up with a reason to go to the gym without having some (more) specific purpose in mind is a tough one for me. (I do know people who go to the gym just to be there, but typically they don't train that hard even when they do train. Just hanging out at the gym can sometimes make it tougher to get into a training zone when it's actual go time - just ask personal trainers who work all day at the same gym.)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(10-18-2015, 01:10 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You could split Loading and Pump Sets into separate workouts, but those wouldn't be too long if you're doing Tier I.

I'm pretty big on goals, so let's dig into what you're wanting here.

If your progress is great and you just want to go to the the gym, then I'd just go to the gym and maybe walk on the treadmill - just to have something to do. You could do some light stretching and pretty much basically be there.

The question here is WHY do you want to be in the gym?
-To Train
-To do something other than be at home or elsewhere
-Because the gym, training is your favorite place to be / thing to do
-This sort of thing.

---------

When you say "productive for your body and body composition," what do you mean by this?

Productive for you body might mean helping in recovery - maybe a weekly massage would help out. Is there a massage therapist at your gym?...

Helping with body composition could be cardio if you work a low activity job and find that Tier I is your best bet.

----------

So, coming up with a reason to go to the gym without having some (more) specific purpose in mind is a tough one for me. (I do know people who go to the gym just to be there, but typically they don't train that hard even when they do train. Just hanging out at the gym can sometimes make it tougher to get into a training zone when it's actual go time - just ask personal trainers who work all day at the same gym.)

-S

thanks Scott..
let me clarrify some things..
right now im at basic tier 2 and doing great ..im ok with the volume and all..
as you said i could splitt the loading and pump sets but than the volume would be to low for me in a single workout..
i want to be in the gym more days as opposed to the 4 workouts of FT cause i have energy to spare and i like to exercise..
doing cardio is a bit boring and seems like you dont acchive anything..( this is false of cource cause obviously offers much like fat loss, blood flow, recuperation etc..but you know what i mean ...walking on a treadmil is boring..ha ha)
so i was looking for ways to assist at my body composition meaning more muscle mass less bodyfat and generral something to help me for a bigger yet leaner body ..
i was thinking something like the john meadows "pump workouts " but i want you to guide me on what i should do exactly and how to structure such workouts while training FT..
(10-18-2015, 05:45 AM)Pumped340 Wrote: Scott designed FT to put the maximum amount of muscle on someone, in the ways he believes work best. If he felt adding even more pump workouts (or any type of workouts) would add more muscle I'm sure he would have included it already Smile

Thanks for your input Pumped. Smile

(10-18-2015, 05:18 AM)bill2 Wrote: thanks Scott..

Sure.

Main thing for me to say is that you can of course do what you like I'm all for folks doing whatever makes them happy. I know many people who I suspect like to train more than they like to progress (various reasons for this) b/c they knowingly train more than the feel they should for optimal progress. They simply can't help themselves and the trade-off is worth it.

Quote:let me clarrify some things..
right now im at basic tier 2 and doing great ..im ok with the volume and all..
the loading and pump sets but than the volume would be to low for me in a single workout..

Volume is better conceptualized over the course of a series of workouts, not a single workout IMO, because that's how your body experiences them.

I mention that splitting the volume up with simply make for short workouts, e.g. if you only do Pump sets on a given day. For some, taking, let's say 15 min to get to the gym and 15min to get home (ir not longer) just for a 30 min workout, might not be worthwhile.

Quote:i want to be in the gym more days as opposed to the 4 workouts of FT cause i have energy to spare and i like to exercise..

Why don't you move up a Volume Tier a/o switch to Turbo?

Quote:doing cardio is a bit boring and seems like you dont acchive anything..( this is false of cource cause obviously offers much like fat loss, blood flow, recuperation etc..but you know what i mean ...walking on a treadmil is boring..ha ha)

How we express ourselves can be quite telling. Smile

You say that cardio does "seem" like it achieves anything, but then go on to say it does. This fits with what I'm seeing here where it seems like you're (maybe) more fixed on the feeling of being in the gym, feeling like you're doing something vs. training in a way that forwards you best as a bodybuilder.

Quote:so i was looking for ways to assist at my body composition meaning more muscle mass less bodyfat and generral something to help me for a bigger yet leaner body ..

I would move up to Tier III a/o switch to Turbo and see how you do.

Quote:i was thinking something like the john meadows "pump workouts " but i want you to guide me on what i should do exactly and how to structure such workouts while training FT..

You've got my answer above but if you want to train more often, simply going to John's programs will allow you to do that by adding in his optional workouts. (He's got a new phone app that seems pretty cool.)

Have you tried MD training?

Perhaps you tried it or another program that had you in the gym more often or training with higher volume and didn't progress as you'd like?... And maybe FT is working for you, but you would also like to be in the gym more as well?...

-S
-Scott

(10-18-2015, 07:13 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Thanks for your input Pumped. Smile

Sure.

Main thing for me to say is that you can of course do what you like I'm all for folks doing whatever makes them happy. I know many people who I suspect like to train more than they like to progress (various reasons for this) b/c they knowingly train more than the feel they should for optimal progress. They simply can't help themselves and the trade-off is worth it.

Volume is better conceptualized over the course of a series of workouts, not a single workout IMO, because that's how your body experiences them.

I mention that splitting the volume up with simply make for short workouts, e.g. if you only do Pump sets on a given day. For some, taking, let's say 15 min to get to the gym and 15min to get home (ir not longer) just for a 30 min workout, might not be worthwhile.

Why don't you move up a Volume Tier a/o switch to Turbo?

How we express ourselves can be quite telling. Smile

You say that cardio does "seem" like it achieves anything, but then go on to say it does. This fits with what I'm seeing here where it seems like you're (maybe) more fixed on the feeling of being in the gym, feeling like you're doing something vs. training in a way that forwards you best as a bodybuilder.

I would move up to Tier III a/o switch to Turbo and see how you do.

You've got my answer above but if you want to train more often, simply going to John's programs will allow you to do that by adding in his optional workouts. (He's got a new phone app that seems pretty cool.)

Have you tried MD training?

Perhaps you tried it or another program that had you in the gym more often or training with higher volume and didn't progress as you'd like?... And maybe FT is working for you, but you would also like to be in the gym more as well?...

-S
thanks Scott for the detailed responce.. you seem to touch some interesting points for me which i didnt put so much thought on them..
i came to FT after completing 3 3 month programs of john meadows and i have to say i prety liked the volume aprroach and kind of used to train almost every day betewen pump workouts and basic..
but right now i consider that the gains i have made wasnt came as pure muscle mass( something i regret )rather came as more leaness more density and maybe thicknes and roundness to my muscles ..but no extra mass..definetely a better look for my body but no extra mass ..
my best muscle gains came through dorian yates style workouts in the past..
i beleive in order to proggress in muscle i need a programm with a progressive overload..for this reason i jumbed to FT..
YOU SEEM TO LEAN TOWARD TO LESS DAYS IN THE GYM BUT IN GREATER INTENSITY IN THOSE DAYS -WORKOUTS WITH NOT SO MUCH VOLUME ..
i think i prescribed a bitt my situation and waiting for your advise and wisdom please as to what t do at last to acchive the goals i have set my mind to..

(10-21-2015, 06:30 AM)bill2 Wrote: thanks Scott for the detailed responce.. you seem to touch some interesting points for me which i didnt put so much thought on them..
i came to FT after completing 3 3 month programs of john meadows and i have to say i prety liked the volume aprroach and kind of used to train almost every day betewen pump workouts and basic..
but right now i consider that the gains i have made wasnt came as pure muscle mass( something i regret )rather came as more leaness more density and maybe thicknes and roundness to my muscles ..but no extra mass..definetely a better look for my body but no extra mass ..
my best muscle gains came through dorian yates style workouts in the past..
i beleive in order to proggress in muscle i need a programm with a progressive overload..for this reason i jumbed to FT..
YOU SEEM TO LEAN TOWARD TO LESS DAYS IN THE GYM BUT IN GREATER INTENSITY IN THOSE DAYS -WORKOUTS WITH NOT SO MUCH VOLUME ..
i think i prescribed a bitt my situation and waiting for your advise and wisdom please as to what t do at last to acchive the goals i have set my mind to..

How long have you been doing FT?

Were those changes you note above via mountain dog training or FT?

Why have you not moved up to Tier III?

-S
-Scott

(10-21-2015, 10:49 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: How long have you been doing FT?

Were those changes you note above via mountain dog training or FT?

Why have you not moved up to Tier III?

-S
its 5 weeks on the FT ..STARTED WITH BASIC TIER 2 AND STILL ON THIS..
FOR MD TRAINING I NOTICE THOSE CHANGES TO MY WHOLE BODY..
I WAIT FOR YOUR RECOMENDATIONS ABOUT THIS WHOLE SITUATION OF MINE AND THAN I WILL MAKE THE NEXT MOVE..( PROBABLY MOVE TO TIER 3 ..)

I GUESS IM ADDICTED TO TRAINING..
(10-22-2015, 04:34 AM)bill2 Wrote: its 5 weeks on the FT ..STARTED WITH BASIC TIER 2 AND STILL ON THIS..
FOR MD TRAINING I NOTICE THOSE CHANGES TO MY WHOLE BODY..
I WAIT FOR YOUR RECOMENDATIONS ABOUT THIS WHOLE SITUATION OF MINE AND THAN I WILL MAKE THE NEXT MOVE..( PROBABLY MOVE TO TIER 3 ..)

I GUESS IM ADDICTED TO TRAINING..

We could go round n' round here, but I've already suggested you go to try Tier III.

I don't know how you've progressed on Tier II except that you're "doing great." (Sorry if you mentioned something else before.)

However, if you're really addicted to training, like you say - I'm really being serious here - then you're not going to do well as well as you could with any program b/c you've not got the ability to sense when you should put on the brakes / take a day off, or drop down a Volume Tier, etc. This is essential to making FT work the way I've set it out.

-S
-Scott