Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to FT not New to Training
Thanks Scott

(05-31-2016, 11:42 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: See page 89 (and thereafter) in the book as well as the numerous logs here in the forum for how to do the Loading sets.

Training Logs: Integrative Bodybuilding

Use the OVERVIEW sheets for training and consider the log sheets only as a semi-organized place to record your performances. (Not all boxes will be filled on the right side of the log. The notes on the Left DO match the Overview Sheets.)

I'd not start with tier III. I've yet to see that work out well for anyone thus far, as least as far as making gains. If you simply want to train for therapy reasons, that's your call, of course. I suggest starting with Tier I to learn the system and adjusting upward. I would say this to almost anyone, regardless of training experience. In your case (knowing what we've discussed), I would say this is especially important.

Make use of that OCD: Dig, dig, dig into the book which is filled with details. Most of the questions asked here in this forum are in the book and those that are not can be found by searching the forum. The advantage in doing so is that you'll learn a great deal along the way.

-S

Okay Now that I have Day 1 down and set to begin tomorrow. Here is day two and three. Could you all run your eye over this. Exercise selection etc.

Muscle rounds 6 sets/10secs/4reps per sets. Failure on last set.

Pump - 15/25 sets. No Failure.

Im good to go?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-01-2016, 06:48 AM)surferph34 Wrote: Muscle rounds 6 sets/10secs/4reps per sets. Failure on last set.

Pump - 15/25 sets. No Failure.

Im good to go?

You should re-read from to page 91 in the book onward to see how Pump sets and MR's are done. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(06-01-2016, 10:04 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You should re-read from to page 91 in the book onward to see how Pump sets and MR's are done. Smile

-S

Ha ha! I'm on it!
(06-01-2016, 10:04 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You should re-read from to page 91 in the book onward to see how Pump sets and MR's are done. Smile

-S

Okay so I see my mistakes.

Muscle rounds : Failing on the 4th to 6th set.
If I can hit more than 4 on the last set I take it to failure.

Pump Sets are failure at the end of the 25+ sets

Dr. I like your coaching style. winkie

However Is this the only error I was to discover or was there a problem with my exercise selection for these.

Also how does day 2/3/4 look. Am I on the right path with program design?

Also Dr. Could you tell me more about the Virgin Voyager FT Program. This is something I may consider to help me see the complete program design.

What format does it come in and what is involved etc.

Im not really sure what questions to ask about it but only that Im interested to hear more.

Thank you.
(06-02-2016, 03:35 AM)surferph34 Wrote: Okay so I see my mistakes.

Muscle rounds : Failing on the 4th to 6th set.
If I can hit more than 4 on the last set I take it to failure.

Pump Sets are failure at the end of the 25+ sets

Dr. I like your coaching style. winkie

However Is this the only error I was to discover or was there a problem with my exercise selection for these.

Keep reading - Exercise selection is spelled out very clearly in the book on those same pages.

Quote:Also how does day 2/3/4 look. Am I on the right path with program design?

Well, it looks just like it's laid out in the Overview sheets (and training logs here, too)... Smile Smile Smile

It seems you're really asking to be hand held here and that's simply not how I feel is the best way to (truly) help folks, especially in the long haul. I'm not here to sell you program after program after program, making you dependent upon me (or my books or what have you). I do hope you'll pick up the new things I put out, but I hope that each time you do, you (or anyone) is getting something new out of it.

As you can read in the book on page 7, the program requires that you, the person doing the training take charge of your training, as you are coaching yourself to a large extent in terms of exercise selection and other aspects of auto regulation.

Quote:Also Dr. Could you tell me more about the Virgin Voyager FT Program. This is something I may consider to help me see the complete program design.

What format does it come in and what is involved etc.

Im not really sure what questions to ask about it but only that Im interested to hear more.

Thank you.

It's explained right here:

Fortitude Training Products - Integrative Bodybuilding - Home of Fortitude Training

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Ill have another read at exercise selection. Thank you.

As far as being hand held, I don't think that's the case. I just want to be sure ive interpreted the program correctly by those more experienced so that I may begin and continue over the long haul in the right way. Hence why I asked about the VV FT program as I thought this was the intention behind you creating it.

I have read the information and tried to put it together accordingly but I guess I need to read and reread to make sure I understand the finer points.

I got Virgin Voyage and found it immensely helpful. I'm by no means a beginner and I would like to think that I'm somewhat astute at figuring things out, and it just made the pieces of the Fortitude Training puzzle fit nicely together. If you have the money to spare then it's a great investment.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
I completed my first session today, and what I noted in my head was I know what training hard looks and feels like, the next few weeks will be adjusting a fine tuning, I felt the same last night reading and re-reading, what if I don't apply this 100% but actually it's a tool to let you apply yourself 100%, so be flexible, move around the programme.

I see it far more clearly now I have done a work out, I can see how I can tweak and add intensity even before upping any volume.

There are some key messages around how you approach a set, I have done a lot of TUT work and feel that helped me greatly today.

I'll now take the format and apply my way of training, which has been all about form and moving the weight in the best way for progression and no injuries.

Great forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-10-2016, 01:15 AM)flairsjobber Wrote: I got Virgin Voyage and found it immensely helpful. I'm by no means a beginner and I would like to think that I'm somewhat astute at figuring things out, and it just made the pieces of the Fortitude Training puzzle fit nicely together. If you have the money to spare then it's a great investment.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

I must have missed this!

Glad you like the VV. I really encourage folks to use the book (cheaper, of course), but I DID make the VV for those who for whatever reason just wanted a template.

It's not often that someone buys that, but I'm very glad to see that it's worked and you feel it worth it. Smile

(07-12-2016, 12:52 AM)Bigal260 Wrote: I completed my first session today, and what I noted in my head was I know what training hard looks and feels like, the next few weeks will be adjusting a fine tuning, I felt the same last night reading and re-reading, what if I don't apply this 100% but actually it's a tool to let you apply yourself 100%, so be flexible, move around the programme.

I see it far more clearly now I have done a work out, I can see how I can tweak and add intensity even before upping any volume.

There are some key messages around how you approach a set, I have done a lot of TUT work and feel that helped me greatly today.

I'll now take the format and apply my way of training, which has been all about form and moving the weight in the best way for progression and no injuries.

Great forum

Thanks for the input, Big Al.

Yes, I've designed the program so that if you carry out the sets types as written, they will be hard, but that is relative to how hard you can train.

For one person, stopping 1-2 reps shy of failure is different than for another. Pain tolerance varies and thus so does metabolic stress during Pump sets, etc.

I'm pretty solid on the general notion that intensity of effort is what sets resistance exercise apart from endurance exercise, and thus makes it such a great stimulus for muscle growth: Efforts are so great that you're limited to ~30 to maybe 120 seconds before you can't continue. Endurance exercise can be carried out for much long - hours of course.

This is not to say that effort is not high during a marathon or what have you, but the nature of the stimulus of a bout that can't be continued (d/t intensity in terms of workload, tension, etc.) drives a different form of adaptation. Smile

-S
-Scott