Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to FT not New to Training
I agree, that said I won't be running a marathon anytime soon Wink

I am playing with my diet to ensure the kcal are there to support progression.

My peri workout is looking very good indeed.... Alas a little expensive [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: 8c3c1705449cac203da940aec8daac67.png]

(07-12-2016, 02:24 AM)Bigal260 Wrote: I agree, that said I won't be running a marathon anytime soon Wink

I am playing with my diet to ensure the kcal are there to support progression.

My peri workout is looking very good indeed.... Alas a little expensive [emoji23]

[Image: 8c3c1705449cac203da940aec8daac67.png]

Any particular reason why you've got so much fat in your post-WO meals?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
This is down to me working my old meal plan around training in the morning, my usual breakfast when I trained PM was whole eggs and lean steak mince.

On this plan I considered the fat content and remove the whole eggs replacing with egg whites but keep the mince in.

I also have full fat milk.

I could swap both out look at low fat milk perhaps whey instead and turkey mince.

Better quicker/absorption PWO?

[Image: 08be6c3e82ebcd7b61bd814ed67dd557.png]

Here's the plan for when I train in the evening.

This is my first attempt of nutrient timing, my carbs previously were split through the day.

My kcal intake has not changed from when I had carbs evenly spread though.

This is a maintenance level for me currently I'll notch up to 4500kcak as time goes on and I add tissue back.

Hey Al,

THere's a lot of juggling there (I'll leave that to you - details of a diet take a while to bang through).

The post-workout period is covered extensively in the book (rationale and guidelines).

The simplest (prob. best!) way to look at this (in your case or others) would be to take those post-WO meals keep them there - post-workout, shifting the other meals out of the way. If you train morning, the post-workout meals are early in the day, higher fat meals later. If you train evenings, post-workout meals are still post-workout (high fat earlier). If you train at the very end of the day, one meal might be low fat and you'd have shake in the night (if you happen to wake) followed by a large® breakfast.

(Again, all in da book. Smile )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks Scott, I have made some slight tweaks but so far I am happy with the body's adaptation, key thing is I don't want to add fat so I'll monitor that and adjust as necessary.

If I consume less kcal then I burn I'll be fine, adding more kcal to be slightly above my maintenance is where I want to be, I am I guess looking for muscle memory rather than brand new tissue.

Thanks for the input.

Muscle rounds tomorrow!

(07-14-2016, 06:43 AM)Bigal260 Wrote: Thanks Scott, I have made some slight tweaks but so far I am happy with the body's adaptation, key thing is I don't want to add fat so I'll monitor that and adjust as necessary.

If I consume less kcal then I burn I'll be fine, adding more kcal to be slightly above my maintenance is where I want to be, I am I guess looking for muscle memory rather than brand new tissue.

Thanks for the input.

Muscle rounds tomorrow!

You're welcome.

If you're looking to just get back whence you came physique-wise, then that's cool.

I'll caution against being overly conservative when it comes to diet at times when you could (if you provided the kcal) gain new tissue: There is a phenomenon I've notices a few times over the years (we're talking 15+ yr of being online and longer working with clients) whereby you can sort of miss a window of opportunity for growth.

The extreme example of this is someone who holds back on caloric intake for many many months while making good strength gains and then is boggled as to why when adding kcal the size does not come on as one might expect. I can't say for sure that I know why this is, but I think that one can miss out on the interaction between anabolism and neurological strength gains by limiting the anabolic actions of food.

Where one is left then is with a smaller, but stronger physique with a metabolic set point based on that level of size. When then trying to get stronger, there is less room to do so (d/t the law of diminishing returns / an eventual plateau in strength in general and at that size).

While there is a greater stimulus in a sense from being stronger the novelty of the stimulus in getting stronger (which will happen less rapidly) is diminished, and thus the training stimulus itself is less effective in promoting muscle growth.

At the lighter weight / lesser muscle mass overall, b/c of limiting kcal intake one time, there is less metabolic capacity to accept large amounts of incoming nutrients to drive metabolism without creating an excess the means fat accumulation.

You are eating 4000kcal d/t limiting caloric intake compared to 5500 in someone who has progressively increased food, so this means less protein, less insulin, etc at a given caloric excess that produces a acceptable amount of fat gain, especially at the smaller size.

This acceptable amount of is course a matter of personal preference, too, but for someone who wants to become VERY VERY VERY Large in the long run, holding back on kcal during what will could a good growth spurt / and is a time when strength will be increasing quickly (which happens with FT) can defeat this long term goal to some degree.

Smile

-S
-Scott

Hey Scott, don't wanna make a new thread and my Q seems to apply into this one as I'm also new to FT... But I read the book a couple times Smile

What warm-up do you recommend for FT? You mention stretching in the book, but I guess you do something else?
If I run Tier 1 Basic, first exercise would be Squat, and I want my first & final working set be with 405...
Would I just gradually increase the weight on Squat while doing 1-3 reps so I don't have to count warm up sets as working sets?
As for pump sets, if I'm only to do one working set, do you do some warm up set there too? To "get into the movement"?

thanks and sorry if this was answered already
(08-03-2016, 09:25 PM)Mishurre Wrote: Hey Scott, don't wanna make a new thread and my Q seems to apply into this one as I'm also new to FT... But I read the book a couple times Smile

What warm-up do you recommend for FT? You mention stretching in the book, but I guess you do something else?
If I run Tier 1 Basic, first exercise would be Squat, and I want my first & final working set be with 405...
Would I just gradually increase the weight on Squat while doing 1-3 reps so I don't have to count warm up sets as working sets?
As for pump sets, if I'm only to do one working set, do you do some warm up set there too? To "get into the movement"?

thanks and sorry if this was answered already

Hey Bud!

Run a search here on the site as far as warm-up. (I'll leave that to you.)

Warm-up is entirely up to you - whatever it takes to be ready to kick ass on all exercises you'll zig-zag, do in a Pump Superset or do in the upcoming MR. IT can be a very individual process and requires, as does much of FT, auto regulation. Smile

It's been covered numerous times and Altamir just made a nice post in the last 48hr on the topic, as well (In another thread).

[ HERE: Integrative Bodybuilding ]

-S
-Scott