Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with peri shake please
Looking for help with my peri shake I just can't get my head around it here goes.

Do I need to buy a pure hydrolysed whey for 10-15g

A bcaa for 5 - 10 grams

A hydrolysed whey isolate for 15 - 20 g

All of that in one shake ?
Along with my carbs but I understand that part as I just use 60g dextrose
Yes, you could use all of that in one shake.

Some more reading for you here:

Peri Workout Recovery Supplementation (Part 1)

http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...on-part-1/
Peri Workout Recovery Supplementation (Part 2)

http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...on-part-2/
Peri-Workout Recovery Supplementation (Part 3)

http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...on-part-3/

The ranges are there to accommodate
Different sized people
How long your workout is and Tier
What you've eaten before training, too.
And price. Peptopro is pricey.

(As I mentioned in PM, you've typed out hydrolyzed whey twice, but a whey ISOLATE would be your main protein source and plenty if you want to go that route. Adding in the EAA and hydroxylates will ensure the benefits of those ingredients - check the book - as well.

For a large person who's using Tier III, trying to gain weight, but likes to start with a relatively empty stomach, and has a big budget, they might have all three in the shake.

A smaller guy who just ate 90 min before training and will eat right after might just go with WPI (25g) and carb source.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks a scott I normally I eat 60 minutes before training and about 60 minutes post workout so I was going to use a peri shake of: 25g hydro whey isolate 60 g dextrose. I train for on tier 2.
My pre workout meal is 180g chicken and 300g sweet potatoe
Post workout is 2 scoops of whey with 100g Rice Krispies

Is that peri ok or can you see anything I should add
(10-11-2016, 03:49 AM)Flexhanney101 Wrote: Thanks a scott I normally I eat 60 minutes before training and about 60 minutes post workout so I was going to use a peri shake of: 25g hydro whey isolate 60 g dextrose. I train for on tier 2.
My pre workout meal is 180g chicken and 300g sweet potatoe
Post workout is 2 scoops of whey with 100g Rice Krispies

Is that peri ok or can you see anything I should add

Dextrose can cause bloating, so be wary. (Maltodextrin is often nearly as cheap and doesn't have those issues for many.)

That's fine, man. (The book has other bell's n' whistles listed.)

This all would fit in the context of your goals and current progress. If you're making gains, I'd not change a a thing, really, with that food timing. If, though, when it's time to add food to foster progress, you could add that as an intra and go from there (with perhaps just 25g carbs the 1st time or two to see how you do).

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
How much dextrose might be required to get the strong insulin response required for pre workout l carnitine injections ? ( don't really want to mess with exogenous insulin as i often train before work and work is driving trucks) . thanks

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
(01-06-2017, 11:37 PM)gazzamongo Wrote: How much dextrose might be required to get the strong insulin response required for pre workout l carnitine injections ? ( don't really want to mess with exogenous insulin as i often train before work and work is driving trucks) . thanks

That's going to be so variable it would hard to say for sure. If you're wanting to use endogenous insulin release for this effect, then I'd really put a premium on intra-WO / post carnitine intake carbohydrate.

Check out this video, about 4 minutes in or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqlTz14LTU

-S
-Scott

(01-07-2017, 02:03 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: That's going to be so variable it would hard to say for sure. If you're wanting to use endogenous insulin release for this effect, then I'd really put a premium on intra-WO / post carnitine intake carbohydrate.

Check out this video, about 4 minutes in or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqlTz14LTU

-S
Great video. Brain candy is now my preffered carb of choice Smile
I now see why it was hard to give any specifics re my question. Hopefully the new toy can steer me straight Smile

[Image: f7e98ae271b6c5ca3257fcec54e3f038.jpg]

(01-08-2017, 07:27 AM)gazzamongo Wrote: Great video. Brain candy is now my preffered carb of choice Smile
I now see why it was hard to give any specifics re my question. Hopefully the new toy can steer me straight Smile

[Image: f7e98ae271b6c5ca3257fcec54e3f038.jpg]

That's a *glucose* monitor, eh?...

That won't necessarily tell you what insulin levels are. Insulin levels are suppressed for a given blood glucose during exercise due to sympathetic activity in the pancreas. Also, take a look at charts comparing insulin index vs. glycemic index. There is of course a correlation, but it's not as tight as one might think. Smile

-S
-Scott

It is indeed one of those. Well my thought process was if the unit shows a substantial increase in blood sugar level then (assuming all my sh1t works correctly) insulin will make an appearance shortlySmile that being what the conquistadors of carnitine injections tell me is required for best results.

(01-09-2017, 03:43 AM)gazzamongo Wrote: It is indeed one of those. Well my thought process was if the unit shows a substantial increase in blood sugar level then (assuming all my sh1t works correctly) insulin will make an appearance shortlySmile that being what the conquistadors of carnitine injections tell me is required for best results.

It'll give you some idea, but BG is the balance point of incoming vs. disposed glucose and again, it's not a perfect indicator of insulin especially during exercise.

Regardless, loading can be had without exogenous insulin, as show in the oral feeding studies of Greenhaff's lab.

-S
-Scott